Surgery....

darkangel8603

Reaction score
Tomorrow is the day i get the surgery. I am half nervous and half excited. Today for 24 hours I haveto stop smoking, and can't eat after midnite tonite (monday). the eating thing is no problem, but smoking yikes!!!! I will try my best to stop smoking all day today andtmw. it gonna be tough but its important for the surgery.

Any last advices for me??

darkangel8603 said:
Tomorrow is the day i get the surgery. I am half nervous and half excited. Today for 24 hours I haveto stop smoking, and can't eat after midnite tonite (monday). the eating thing is no problem, but smoking yikes!!!! I will try my best to stop smoking all day today andtmw. it gonna be tough but its important for the surgery.

Any last advices for me??

Where you'll have surgery held at ?

*curiouis* very big time...

I've been researching CI since a year from now... Pretty interesting..

One of my friend already implated few months ago.. and become LOVE IT anything he like to hear anything sounds coming from.. totally very *curiouis*

What kind CI brand you'll have implanted ?
Is that BTE ?
Let me know...

I do not like BTE which it's looks big thingy sitting on ear.. I still looking for other kind brands which it's tiny ones cover the hair... That what I'm looking for...

Awesome!!!! What colour!?!??!! GET BURGUNDY OR PURPLE!!!!!! lol

GalaxyAngel said:
DarkAngel,

Is that coverage by Health Card 100% ?

Is that UWO hospital ?

Let me know asap..
Thanks.

Yes at UWO hospital, and yes it is covered by health card 100%, i dont have to pay anything at all for it.

darkangel8603 said:
Yes at UWO hospital, and yes it is covered by health card 100%, i dont have to pay anything at all for it.

Ahh.. I knew it..
Extactly as same my friend who already took ci implanted few months ago..

Extactly as same your details.

good luck

hey..hope the surgery goes well for you!! plus..please quit smoking because it's really unhealthy and you could get lung cancer really easily..

FOR EVERY CIGARETTE YOU SMOKE, YOU SHORTEN YOUR LIFE BY 12 MINUTES!!

no kidding..so quit while you can..

GOOD luck today! Hey it's lucky you don't get speech perception with your aids right now.....don't have to listen to the radio advertising food. When I had my ear surgery back in '96, ALL that was on the radio was food advertisments!

Hi. I thought I just let you guys know, surgery went well, and all is great. I am back home today. Not good sleep last nite, ofc its the hospital who ever sleeps well in hospitals. lol.

I got there about 9. got ready and stuff then surgery finally start at 12, which was an hour late but not bad, then they put an_____ in my iv and oxygen mask on my face and i remember dr saying take deep breath then that last thing i remember. I woke up about 4:30 all confused and lost. my head was so heavy i couldn't move it very well, and was very dizzy, but at about 4:45 i went to my room, and i was feeling a bit better, my parent came, then i had emotional breakdown for some reason i dun know why, just started crying. I think it was the fact that i was hurting, dizzy, and my parent had to leave me alone in the hospital which i didnt want. but i felt better, then a friend of mine came to visit, which helped alot, relaxed etc then they all left, and i try to sleep through the night, lousy sleep, woke up about 5am and didnt go back to sleep, dr came in, took banage off, hair was a huge mess, so tried to brush it without hitting the scar it was tough because my hair was matted with blood as well so it was difficult trying to brush it lol. neway so i went home. Just got home now. and I think i will go for a nap. I am not feeling any pains or anything, thanks to meds lol. but only pain is my throat, as sore throat i think from oxygen tube. Also stiff around my neck but not bad.

So everything went really well. No side effects otherthan ringing in my ear, which comes and go and the meds seems to help reduce it which is good. I try yelling with my right ear pluged with my finger i couldn't hear anything lol. its strange lol.

ANyway talk to you later, will catch up on the threads i missed since yesterday as i noticed alot of new threads and topics lol.

Bye BYe

FEEL BETTER! That's awesome! I still have you on MSN so i should ask you there, lol.

The reason you probably were crying is from the anesthetic. It makes a lot of ppl do that coz it completely messes your system. When ihad surgery 2 yers ok i did the same. You have no perception of anything for a while, lol. I called someone right after and apparently it was the weirdest thing ever!

Breezy said:
FEEL BETTER! That's awesome! I still have you on MSN so i should ask you there, lol.

The reason you probably were crying is from the anesthetic. It makes a lot of ppl do that coz it completely messes your system. When ihad surgery 2 yers ok i did the same. You have no perception of anything for a while, lol. I called someone right after and apparently it was the weirdest thing ever!

ahh yes, probably that why lol..

as for msn, i have new email address at msn, I got rid of darkangel8603 cuz too many junk mail and strangers adding me to their msn. and i have grown tired of the email address lol. So i will change it in my profile andu can look it up. :)

I'm glad ur surgery with CI went well. When will you get the CI attached and start hearing all those sounds that u never heard before?

:D

sequoias said:
I'm glad ur surgery with CI went well. When will you get the CI attached and start hearing all those sounds that u never heard before?

:D

a month from now :-D Cant wait lol.

Congrats - I had my surgery last week Friday.. Yea, I experienced the same thign the ringing in my ears for the first day or two now it is okay. Took about 3-4 days for the vertigo to get back to normal. So, the surgery went as well as expected! I get activated on Dec 1st! WOOT!

It is exciting, keep us posted on how you are doing!

Back