Surgery video?

Dark-Half

Reaction score
Is it possible to convince the doctors whom will be operating on me to film it? Mainly curiousity, I'd like to watch what they did to me :S I'll be able to ask the doctor himself when it comes to it but I don't go again til may 25th.

Is it possible to convince the doctors whom will be operating on me to film it? Mainly curiousity, I'd like to watch what they did to me :S I'll be able to ask the doctor himself when it comes to it but I don't go again til may 25th.
They will very likely say, "NO". It's due to insurance and liability reasons.

Since every doctor isn't 100% perfect or everyone always find something wrong with a procedure, they don't want the video used against them. So, no videotaping. :(

That's has been done before but most of time it is mostly just photos. Talk to your surgeon doctor to arrange on that if you undergo for CI op. after all .

It can be done but perhaps depend on what surgery and your doctor. I had it done many years ago. It won't hurt to ask your doctor about it. Good Luck!

when i had an endolymphtic sac decompression with shunt it was filmed for learning.I asked to see it and they wouldnt let me.doesnt seem fair,since its of me and dont remember being told,but you kind of sign your life away before surgery so i may have signed a paper and was so sick I could have cared less.lets face it hearing is not great ,they could say they told me.

I just asked my Audi about that a week ago & she emailed back saying that the hospital doesn't allow cameras in the OR, but the Dr. will be taking a few photos & said I could ask for copies. The Audi did tell me however, that I'm more than welcomed to have my activation day videotaped for those of family members who want to see it but won't be able to be with me since I can't bring everyone. lol. :D

Just ask your Audi/Dr. if they allow your surgery to be videotaped. Good luck.

I recall my Surgeon asked me for my permission for videotaping of my CI surgery and I granted him my permission I asked him many times and he said 'no' and is being used for 'educational' purposes. Sighs!

just to get an ideal picture, i've watched other people surgery video on the web. I even asked for mine to filmed, of course not lol.

Back