Surgery this Thursday!

congratulations on your surgery Sunryze! Sucks your in pain but it will all feel better next week! Hope u got some ben n jerry's! lol Have a speedy recovery and relax don't try to do too much!

Feel better!
T3 is not exactly powerful. You need more powerful pain killer such as vicoin, percoset, etc.

I do suggest you to try ice packs, to me it helped tremendously. If you're feeling nausous (I did for a couple days!), hopefully you have Transderm patch in your arsenal of drugs. Slap it on, and you'll feel better. Right before I got my second one done, I put the patch on for a few hours before surgery because I KNEW I would get nausous.

The ringing is very common post surgery. For some it's like a roaring sound, others just rings, etc. For me it was roaring airplane type of ringing. It's basically because of the trauma that's around your cochlea. It does go away.

After 3 or 4 days, you should feel better. Best time for you to be spoiled. :)

Just thought I'd mention this for Sunryze should she plan on getting a second CI in the future. Request antinausea meds to be given to you before/during surgery. That way, when you wake up in recovery, you won't experience any nausea.

In regards to tinnitus, I had a severe case of it following both surgeries. Mine consisted of 8 different sounds. Just when I became used to one sound, it would change to another. In my case, I experienced tinnitus for 6-8 months post surgery. I still experience it, but it is mild to moderate and only consists of high/medium/low ringing.

Thanx guys, i still feel like crap. i can't hold anything down and i stopped taking the T3, just taking motrin now. I wasn't given anti nausea meds, just the T3 and Antibiotics. My head is killing me,the world is spinning... i definitely feel worse today, ughhhhh.

Thanx guys, i still feel like crap. i can't hold anything down and i stopped taking the T3, just taking motrin now. I wasn't given anti nausea meds, just the T3 and Antibiotics. My head is killing me,the world is spinning... i definitely feel worse today, ughhhhh.

Sunryze,

You really need to contact your CI surgeon for stronger pain meds. Please do it -- you'll feel so much better. Do you have any Extra Strength Excedrin? That should help take care of your headache. Feel better soon! :hug:

Back