Supreme Court: Cruise ships must provide access for disabled

yeah I remember 4 men had to struggle with wheelchair... cause
when the cruise can't go on the dock.... but have to get people to
go on small boats to get to the lands...

The small boats can't really hold wheelchair.

And blind people will be easy lost on the cruise, because there so many doorway... too many stairs.

And deaf people can't hear if the fire alarm go off. or what might be going on.
And need tty around the ship...

if they don't make them accessible by 2010, then I will fight against them and maybe I will send them to court then I will have a group of disabled people speak up about receiving equal enjoyment.

Rest assured that Supreme Court already rule in favor ADA! Which means, it will take a while for them to change everything to meet ADA's needs. Such as installing special Braille on every door, elevator, etc Even install every tty or videophone, and much more things need to be work.

However, there are some technology will allows blind to know where position are.. for example.. device active voice that will let blind know where you are going. Save costs of braille.. maybe. For Deaf, --a standard of videophone that can works deaf and hearing people--- I am more rather to see videophone has special menu that will access to food menu and take over itself.. then service will come to your door.. it's much better than take order phone. I rather to see cruise have plasma flat TV intergrate with VP or other likely on every room, so you wouldn't have to worry about TTY....(maybe hopefully i am right about it. even VP is not yet full mature.. it's only less than 5% of deaf people use VP!)

For emergency response, it will probably need a standard neon-light-type likely with red flashing which means, it's emergency-- I'm trying to think of something more standard to make it more visablity for everyone.. especially color-blind deaf people.

For wheelchair.. that's something they will have to change.. maybe oversize cruise? Just kidding.. but it's serious. Think of submarine.. I certainly that wheelchair wil not work in submarine that well! Maybe change in the future. It takes lot of ladders/stairs down and up!

Well, enough with too much dreaming for ADA...

Bon Voyage!

Miss*Pinocchio said:
yeah I remember 4 men had to struggle with wheelchair... cause
when the cruise can't go on the dock.... but have to get people to
go on small boats to get to the lands...

The small boats can't really hold wheelchair.

And blind people will be easy lost on the cruise, because there so many doorway... too many stairs.

And deaf people can't hear if the fire alarm go off. or what might be going on.
And need tty around the ship...

Back