Supporting Islam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus is not idolatry:

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Yet there's plenty of sites that contest the validity of the translation. And you are interpreting it as if the "Word" is Jesus himself. That's up to you to do that but it does not make it any right. Again, I asked in the other thread: prove the Bible is without flaws. If you are going to defend your religion, at least do a better job at it. And stop attacking Islam and accuse it of practicing idolatry when you have no clue.

Yes, the Word is Jesus, it says so in John.

you didn't ask me to prove the bible is flaw.

the only thing you want me to do is to see I can outsmart you.

Which bible are you reading from? Because I can guarantee you that my bible says NOTHING about that Jesus is god.

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
Joh 1:15 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.
Joh 1:16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.
Joh 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Prove that the Koran/Qur'an is from God.

Prove that the Koran/Qur'an is without flaws.

Prove that Muhammad is God's messenger.

Prove all those things without using the words, "you", "stupid", "ignorant", or the names of any AllDeaf members.

Is it possible?

That's what the translated Bible said. What if it was mistranslated? What if it was misunderstood by a strong Christian translator who just wanted to reaffirm his beliefs? There's a group of Christian translators that do these things to support their own agenda. There is no real neutral translation, unfortunately. Also, the translations went through the Church. It's easy for things to be omitted, changed, etc. Are you not aware of all these? That is why I ask you to prove to me that the Bible is perfect. I have no concern with you "outsmarting" me. That's your business.

Prove that the Koran/Qur'an is from God.

Prove that the Koran/Qur'an is without flaws.

Prove that Muhammad is God's messenger.

Prove all those things without using the words, "you", "stupid", "ignorant", or the names of any AllDeaf members.

Is it possible?

Is it worth the amount of time it takes to prove it all to a stubborn Christian that would probably never change? Not that I care but there's a difference between wanting to learn and wanting to attack.

It takes time to do all these questions.

Look for Teresh's posts regarding Islam being an extension of Christianity and Judaism.

And why not get a Qur'an and read it for yourself? Study and learn!

Edit: I retract my statements. Instead, read the Qur'an yourself then come back. ;) There's not enough time in a day...

Is it worth the amount of time it takes to prove it all to a stubborn Christian that would probably never change? Not that I care but there's a difference between wanting to learn and wanting to attack.

Look for Teresh's posts regarding Islam being an extension of Christianity and Judaism.

And why not get a Qur'an and read it for yourself? Study and learn!
Is it worth the amount of time it takes to prove it all to a stubborn non-Christian that would probably never change? Not that I care but there's a difference between wanting to learn and wanting to attack.

Look for other posts regarding Christianity being an extension of . . . Judaism.

And why not get a Bible and read it for yourself? Study and learn.

Reba, I look down on you right now. Your "old age" apparently did nothing for your intellect.

Look for other posts regarding Christianity being an extension of . . . Judaism.
Did I deny that Christisianity is an extension of Judam? No.
Did you deny Islam of being an extension of Judaism and Christianity? Yes.

And why not get a Bible and read it for yourself? Study and learn.
Do I have the Bible in my posession and do I study the Bible? Yes.
Do you have the Qur'an in your posession and do you study the Qur'an? No.

How about the Jewish Tanakh?

Do I have the Jewish Tanakh in my posession and do I study the Jewish Tanakh? Yes.
Do you have the Tanakh in your posession and do you study the Tanakh? Probably not.

Reba said:
Is it worth the amount of time it takes to prove it all to a stubborn non-Christian that would probably never change? Not that I care but there's a difference between wanting to learn and wanting to attack.

Am I set in my ways and beliefs? No.
Are you set in your ways and beliefs? Yes.

Am I open to many views? Yes.
Are you open to many views? Judging from your many posts, not really.

You can not compare yourself to me. I am the one that studies all the holy books. You show yourself as being narrow minded with the only thing you know of: the Bible.

Reba, you reject Teresh's facts she presented you and she is extra levels above me in terms of knowledge. Why should I even bother with you? :roll:

Go get the Jewish Tanakh and Qur'an and read. Don't limit yourself.

Last edited:
...You can not compare yourself to me.
I'm not comparing you to me at all. Why do you take everything so personally?

I am showing that your excuse for not answering my questions can work both ways. You expect Christians to "prove" this, that, and the other thing, but you excuse yourself from proving the same questions as they relate to Islam.

Again, you fail to understand.

We both have read and studied the Bible but only I have read and studied the Qur'an. You haven't. It does not make it fair for me to do all the work. Seeing you as an ignorant person of anything else but the Bible, it doesn't fancy me to cater you when you're already firm in your beliefs.

I am already familiar with Jesus being God and I can understand that perspective but I argue not to disprove but to see if there's anything else to get out of that belief. You argue with me just to disprove Islam and that's an agenda I don't deal with kindly.

So, get a Qur'an and enjoy reading. Be fair in what you read.

My brother has studied Quaran and he was impressed of that. And he also studied Judiasm and etc and studied why they believe and etc. He said been lot of informations of all kinds. He can see and studied and noticed that Qu'ran has no matched in the OT except the time of Hagar and Ishmael and the different how God uses between Ishmael and Isaac. Even the history of different churches. Spanish war and etc.

My brother has studied Quaran and he was impressed of that. And he also studied Judiasm and etc and studied why they believe and etc. He said been lot of informations of all kinds. He can see and studied and noticed that Qu'ran has no matched in the OT except the time of Hagar and Ishmael and the different how God uses between Ishmael and Isaac. Even the history of different churches. Spanish war and etc.

Impressed of what?
No match of what?
Too vague.

Have your brother come out here.

Impressed of what?
No match of what?
Too vague.

Have your brother come out here.

my brother never on here and lately he's been having lot of study right now in seminary and it's overwhelming and also has family.

Again, you fail to understand.

We both have read and studied the Bible but only I have read and studied the Qur'an. You haven't. It does not make it fair for me to do all the work. Seeing you as an ignorant person of anything else but the Bible, it doesn't fancy me to cater you when you're already firm in your beliefs.

I am already familiar with Jesus being God and I can understand that perspective but I argue not to disprove but to see if there's anything else to get out of that belief. You argue with me just to disprove Islam and that's an agenda I don't deal with kindly.

So, get a Qur'an and enjoy reading. Be fair in what you read.
You've already shown that just because one has read and studied a religious text doesn't mean one believes it is true. If I read and study the Koran that doesn't mean I will accept it as true any more than you accepted the Bible as true after reading and studying it.

If you don't want to prove the Koran is true, that's fine with me. I just figured since the topic of this thread was "Supporting Islam" you could support its holy text.

You've already shown that just because one has read and studied a religious text doesn't mean one believes it is true. If I read and study the Koran that doesn't mean I will accept it as true any more than you accepted the Bible as true after reading and studying it.

Reba, do you accept the Bible as true?
Reba, do I accept the Bible or the Qur'an as true?
Again, it isn't fair. I would prefer if you read up the Qur'an then get back to me and we can discuss further. It would be much better. :)

If you don't want to prove the Koran is true, that's fine with me. I just figured since the topic of this thread was "Supporting Islam" you could support its holy text.

The OP:
Yiffzer, from "Is Islam a Threat" thread that I made a while ago, I am under the impression that you support Islam or is a Muslim?

I answered that question very clearly. It has nothing to do with me wanting to prove Islam to be correct. And I will not bother being the only one posting countless of text in defense of Islam. I've done plenty of that before and it gets tiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back