Super Power BTE Hearing Aids

How's the UP sound for music to you?

Since the Naida S I just came out, I am going to trial it just out of sheer curiosity even though it ranks dead last on my ranking list.

I personally love my Naida up. I wouldn't trial the Naida s 1 myself as I believe the extra features are better for me. Good luck.

How's the UP sound for music to you?

Since the Naida S I just came out, I am going to trial it just out of sheer curiosity even though it ranks dead last on my ranking list.

I'm having a lot trouble listening to to my iTunes and the car radio with my Nadia UP. I can't even recognize songs that I've been listening to for last 30 years.

I go back on Tuesday for more adjustments. One of the problems I'm having is that it shuts down, sometimes I'll just click the volume control and it will power back up and other times I have to open the battery case wait a few seconds and close it. I've already changed the battery several times this week, so I don't think that is issue.

I'm having a lot trouble listening to to my iTunes and the car radio with my Nadia UP. I can't even recognize songs that I've been listening to for last 30 years.

I go back on Tuesday for more adjustments. One of the problems I'm having is that it shuts down, sometimes I'll just click the volume control and it will power back up and other times I have to open the battery case wait a few seconds and close it. I've already changed the battery several times this week, so I don't think that is issue.

Not always but most of the time when people think the aid is shutting now, it means the compression is set to strong so it feel like the aid is shutting down. When you open to battery draw, it will re start the program and sound flow so that's why it feels better when you open the battery draw :)

As you can't understand music, it does mean that you need the compression sorted out as the compression is seeing the music as noise so that's why you can't understand it.

Not always but most of the time when people think the aid is shutting now, it means the compression is set to strong so it feel like the aid is shutting down. When you open to battery draw, it will re start the program and sound flow so that's why it feels better when you open the battery draw :)

As you can't understand music, it does mean that you need the compression sorted out as the compression is seeing the music as noise so that's why you can't understand it.

I took the aid back this past week and the audi turn off the automatic which only solved the shutting down problem for a few days, now it's shutting down 5 - 8 times per day. She also turned off the bass booster and that helps a little with listening to music, but it's still no where near as clear as my analog aid and probably never will be. From what I've been reading that's another forum subject. Another problem I'm having is the low battery tone kicks in about every 2 days. It goes off every half hour. I should not have to change the 675 battery every 2 days.
Sounds like I have a lemon, what do you think?

I would like to just return it and try a different brand. I used the list that Machineghost posted in this thread(which btw was very helpful, Thanks) and I selected three that are in the 120db fitting range and sent an email to my audi with those suggestions.

The three aids that I suggested:
Widex Super 440 RITE
Unitron 360 +
0oticon sumo DM

My Siemens SPs don't have compression, you might want to try them, they work well for me. Mine are Siemens Reflex DSP, provided by the British NHS, I think Siemens Nitro are their equivalent. Digital aids can be set up the same as analogue, maybe you could try asking your Audi to try that.

All your problems sounds like compression. Many people have it turned off. Very easy to turn it off and that means it will sound more like your analog aid.

I'm using a Phonak A+ BTE aid for my profound hearing loss. It works well for me at this point. I really should be getting a new one soon, but the technology has not changed. If they make one with more channels, it would be worth the switch for me.

Its hard to tell the difference between overamplification and a new sound quality that takes the brain time to get used to. If its not sounding better after two to three weeks, then you might want to consider an overamplification issue and go for adjustments.

Just so you know, the Naida S have a reputation for a mechanical sound quality, so don't confuse that with the boomy or nasal sound. The Sparx also sounded terribly mechanical to me also. If that kind of sound quality becomes a problem you can't live with, then reference this chart I created for some possible alternatives: hearingaidforums.com/showthread.php?t=12836
sound look likes modify on quality Hearing aid?
Quality huh, I think so match on HL and DL testing I think so believe it testing more testing See! it is doesn't work on my hearing aid dl I have figure out testing soon!

Back