Sunset and Sunrise

Foxrac

Premium Member
Reaction score
Let interesting thing to said... For area that where you are from, what time is start sunset and sunrise?

In LA, sunset is start at 8:00 pm or little minutes more than that and sunrise is start no later than 6:00 am, around after 5:30 am.

Sun rises at 5:15 AM and sets at 9 pm here in Seattle as of June 1st.

sequoias said:
Sun rises at 5:15 AM and sets at 9 pm here in Seattle as of June 1st.

That's different from my area...

TrippLA said:
That's different from my area...

That's because the farther north you are....the longer daylight hours are. Same goes the farther South you are...the shorter the daylight hours are, since it's winter in South half of the hemisphere, ie: Australia, South America, South Africa, etc. Since the Earth's axis is tilted and the sun shines on the planet Earth indirectly. Have you learned that in school about astrology and stuff?

sequoias said:
That's because the farther north you are....the longer daylight hours are. Same goes the farther South you are...the shorter the daylight hours are, since it's winter in South half of the hemisphere, ie: Australia, South America, South Africa, etc. Since the Earth's axis is tilted and the sun shines on the planet Earth indirectly. Have you learned that in school about astrology and stuff?

I hadn't learn about it before, I just found out from yesterday and that's new thing for me.

TrippLA said:
I hadn't learn about it before, I just found out from yesterday and that's new thing for me.

Yeah....if you're in Alaska in the peak of the scholistic (June 21st which summer begins) You'll be seeing sun for 24 hours straight up in North Alaska. South Alaska will get around 3 hours of darkness. I remember visiting Alaska back in 1988 and saw sun go down at 12 or so AM and sun rise at 3:30 AM, that was wild!

sequoias said:
Yeah....if you're in Alaska in the peak of the scholistic (June 21st which summer begins) You'll be seeing sun for 24 hours straight up in North Alaska. South Alaska will get around 3 hours of darkness. I remember visiting Alaska back in 1988 and saw sun go down at 12 or so AM and sun rise at 3:30 AM, that was wild!

Yea... It's bad for kids because they are tried to sleep so early since day is here out of window.

TrippLA said:
Yea... It's bad for kids because they are tried to sleep so early since day is here out of window.

Who knows? I didn't have trouble with that when I was in Alaska. All they do is have to get used to it. ;)

sequoias said:
Who knows? I didn't have trouble with that when I was in Alaska. All they do is have to get used to it. ;)

If I was you then I would buy dark curtain to cover the window.

TrippLA said:
If I was you then I would buy dark curtain to cover the window.

I didn't need it when I was in Alaska, I slept just fine.

sequoias said:
I didn't need it when I was in Alaska, I slept just fine.

Hehe, sleep in day is just way better than lamp was on but lamp is just give treats to kids that's too scared at night. I just kidding about dark curtain, but blinds are good enough so no need get curtain. Thanks for fast reply and explained about sunset and sunrise.

It's after 1 pm.. school is tomorrow then good nite to everyone.

Sunrise at 5:33 AM and Sunset is at 8:44 (I looked it up Demcrateandchronicle.com :) )

SO later on sunrise will be earlier I guess and sunset go later.

Today:

Sunrise 6:13 a.m.
Sunset 8:23 p.m.

Not sure when the sun comes up or down..... The one thing that would really help is to buy an air conditioner that actually fits your window in your bedroom then you will be able to sleep better. I never use fans that much. A/C works 100 x much better.

here in Arkansas where I live...

Astronomy

June 1, 2006
Rise
Actual Time 5:56 AM CDT- Set 8:19 PM CDT
Civil Twilight 5:27 AM CDT- Set 8:48 PM CDT
Nautical Twilight 4:51 AM CDT- Set 9:25 PM CDT
Astronomical Twilight 4:11 AM CDT- Set 10:04 PM CDT
Moon 10:50 AM CDT- Set 12:32 AM CDT

Length Of Visible Light: 15h 21m
Length of Day 14h 22m
Tomorrow will be 0m 55s longer.

skye said:
sunrise 3:33 am
sunset 12:02 am :)

You live in Alaska? Since I noticed you have the sunrise and sunset times are short with long daylight hours. I was in Alaska with those similar times back in 1988.

Back