Sunday Concert on the Mall

Nika

Reaction score
Hi folks!

I went to the Sunday concert on mall where there was all sorts of people speaking and singing. Singing were U2, Shakira, Usher, Stevie Wonder, some other folks I can't remember.

The energy was great! It was amazing feeling the energy of all these people coming together! And when I felt a wave of joy come over me, my family informed me that President-Elect Obama had just passed us in his car. He was smiling and he was waving to all the people who were waving back. Even though it was cold enough to be snowing, there was so much joy in the air that I just had two shirts and a vest on and I wasn't the slightest bit cold. It's as if there was a collective heat created by the mass of people.

My friend told me there were interpreters! I was happy to see that this event was accessible. It was great energy, and I'm glad everyone could be in on it.

I can't wait till Tuesday. Yes it will be tight security, huge crowds, cold, and maybe snowing, but to feel the energy of all these people coming together for our new president makes it all worth it. We'll be leaving the house at 7am (I think I said 8am before) to start walking down to the Capitol.

<HUGS> everyone!

You were down there? Cool! I've been watching the reporters on MSNBC covering the events and interviewing members of the crowd. I wonder if i saw you on tv...:hmm:

If you saw someone with huge black sunglasses on and a hat that was me. <big smile> (I got my new sunglasses and was making full use of them!)

I don't recall seeing anyone with sunglasses but i'm sure you're on film somewhere, lol. The cameras were doing alot of overhead, crowd scanning shots.

Haha, go figure. Plus I think a lot of people had hats with shades. <laugh>

Back