Summer is almost here!

BrittBritt

Reaction score
Who's excited? Me, me, me!! I love summer time! Who else? Since I teach, I get the whole summer off to play with my kids. I have a million things planned! Season passes to the water park, a trip to 6 flags marine world, a day to swim w dolphins, a trip to Santa Cruz, camping, camping, and more camping, boating, fishing, riding horses, ohh I can't wait! Anyone else have fun plans? Tell me about them!

Unfortunately, I'm not looking forward to summer. I never ever looking forward to it. Why? Hot, flies are everywhere, mosquitos bites, sweating, etc... that's what I'm not looking forward to.

As long as it arrives slowly and doesn't get too hot for long periods of time, yes, I'm looking forward to it (but not necessarily the yard work, mosquitoes, etc that come with it).

Oh no! its Emergency! Please save that good o'le winter guy!

I like Summer the LEAST!

Not a big fan of summer. I will try to enjoy sitting quietly in air conditioned spaces. :lol:

Only difference for me which I wouldn't mind summer is the beach and Hawai'i. I don't mind Hawai'i because of stable weather easier on my health issues. Winter time, tend to be much easier on me. Spring and fall, OMG! Hope I ride though this spring time with minimal issues.

I cannot wait. A lot of flea markets!! A lot of sales to be made too!!! Time for me to clean up yard.

Only difference for me which I wouldn't mind summer is the beach and Hawai'i. I don't mind Hawai'i because of stable weather easier on my health issues. Winter time, tend to be much easier on me. Spring and fall, OMG! Hope I ride though this spring time with minimal issues.
The spring is starting again here with snow melting again but Hawaii does sound good. Big Island. The west side has like 65 to 85 degrees all year round. Its nice to read about in the winter. Good luck for getting through the spring!

It was 40 degrees here today, i consider that spring/summer enjoyed wearing shorts for the first time in months.

i live right by the beach so never hot with wind chill factor,it been years since been down there it been so cold....i sooooooo wish gone down there yesterday someone found big lump of amber worth over a grand..

I cannot wait. A lot of flea markets!! A lot of sales to be made too!!! Time for me to clean up yard.

We get a lot fleas and ticks! I loved the flea market I went to when I lived in Berkeley ,Calf, there was a lot Southwestern items there.

I may be a tad early, but I stripped ....................my bed tonight, rotated the mattress & put on summer sheets & comforter. I did leave the electric mattress pad plugged in so I can warm up the sheets since the nights are still chilly. And I put the blanket back on for now.

I don't really care for the hot weather either. If the lakes have enough water and we get to take the boat out, then I like the heat. Last summer we had about 25 days over 100 degrees. We already had a day hit 86 degrees and that was enough for me.

This summer I think we are just going to stay here in California and visit a lot of places we love and some I still have not seen. I love driving down highway 1 along the coast line and stopping at some of the most beautiful beaches like Carmel, Moro Bay, then head south to Santa Barbara and maybe end up in San Diego. We need to go to Chicago too to see hubbys family.

Ugh well I'm in new England so summer doesn't seem that close,there was hail today....that's right, mid april

Back