Suing hospital for taking Interpreter away from me

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzOP7Ee-x7Q]YouTube - A Few Minutes In The Life Of A Sign Language Interpreter[/ame]

UPDATE... I filed my complaint directly with hospital on January 23rd and they said they would reply within 30 days. As of today, March 24th, I still have not heard back from hospital in regard of my complaint. For this reason, I resorted to OCR.

I wonder if their lack of replying means they know they were in wrong.

Maybe, a nurse searched your driver's license and happened saw your gun permit card in your wallet. If yes, then all you have to tell them to say no and left it at home period. Then, there will be no panic at the ER.

UPDATE... I filed my complaint directly with hospital on January 23rd and they said they would reply within 30 days. As of today, March 24th, I still have not heard back from hospital in regard of my complaint. For this reason, I resorted to OCR.

I wonder if their lack of replying means they know they were in wrong.
If OCR investigates, get ready for a very long process.

Maybe, a nurse searched your driver's license and happened saw your gun permit card in your wallet. If yes, then all you have to tell them to say no and left it at home period. Then, there will be no panic at the ER.
Unless the patient is unconscious, the nurse has no business or right to search thru the wallet without permission.

The medical staff probably asks anyone brought into ER that question to ensure their safety before they start moving the patient around or removing clothing. They don't want to accidentally bump into a loaded gun or spring-loaded knife.

Unless the patient is unconscious, the nurse has no business or right to search thru the wallet without permission.

The medical staff probably asks anyone brought into ER that question to ensure their safety before they start moving the patient around or removing clothing. They don't want to accidentally bump into a loaded gun or spring-loaded knife.

Yeah, I haven't thought of that.

You are right,, I found out that they ask everybody.

If OCR investigates, get ready for a very long process.

Actually Glenn, they move faster than you think. A few years ago, I had to file a complaint with OCR and they found in my favor and settled in 4 months. That was Seattle's office.

Long process is if you file with U.S. District Court,, that can take years.

Back