Suggestion: Regional sub-forums

tigersharkdude

Reaction score
I would like to throw the suggestion out there. Most forums I am own have region sub-forums such as; US Midwest, US Upper Midwest, US Northeastern, US Northwest, US Southeast, US West Coast, Canada, International.

I think it would be cool because it would allow members in certain area's to talk about whats going on in that specific area

Yeah, and possibly make for more successful meet-ups. :lol:

Yeah, and possibly make for more successful meet-ups. :lol:

No! I need to know the happenings of the whole world. If I was only interested in my own area, I could just check Iowa Association of the Deaf! :nono:

If we were to do that here, where would we put them?

A lot of us like to see everything that's going on all over the world.

If they're looking for something in their area, they can look under the "Deaf Meet" section. Since it's not updated frequently with many new threads, members don't have problems locating threads related to their own areas. :thumb:

What I like to see is if you could move events and announcements on top of the board instead of the bottom. I don't want to miss local events because I neglect to scroll to the bottom because I think there's no new news.

I do hope people who make new thread would put the location on the title of their thread.

What I like to see is if you could move events and announcements on top of the board instead of the bottom. I don't want to miss local events because I neglect to scroll to the bottom because I think there's no new news.

I do hope people who make new thread would put the location on the title of their thread.
You can always create a thread about events and then BUMP it once a week with updates regarding that event.

For instance, there's an anime event I go to every year. It's not a deaf event, but deaf people can go there. If I wanted to see who else would be going there, I could create a thread about it. A week later, I could add a new post to that thread with information about how many deaf people I found that might come. I could also add info like the price increase will go into effect in 30 days or the names of guests that are attending this convention. :)

Back