SUCCESS-President Obama & $4.00 a Gallon gas??

I wonder how long it will be before kokonut shows up to tell us how Obama is screwing up everything? I hope that it won't cost that much this summer.

Tick tock tic tock... we're expecting kokonut any second.

ah yes yes yes! it's obama's fault!

Of course, it's Obama's fault. Always is, I blame everything on him. If my car door breaks off, it's Obama's fault.

i guess he's the scapegoat for everything that's wrong with this country.

Obama made a lot of empty promises so he deserves to be the scapegoat.

Gas was at the BP $3.16/gal. a week and a half ago....went out yesterday and saw the Hess station, gas was $3.46/gal. ....so is it already going up?....

Do you know what a scapegoat is?

Yes, accusing someone of something that the person is not at fault for. Do you realize how many things Obama did not follow through with, thus setting himself up into such position of being a scapegoat, regardless on if he's at fault for it or not? It's harder to scapegoat someone who is very successful at something such as keeping words, showing productive actions that benefits others, etc.

So I'm going to counter-ask you this; do you realize how much bigger the picture is than a mere meaning of the word "scapegoat"?

Yes, accusing someone of something that the person is not at fault for. Do you realize how many things Obama did not follow through with, thus setting himself up into such position of being a scapegoat, regardless on if he's at fault for it or not? It's harder to scapegoat someone who is very successful at something such as keeping words, showing productive actions that benefits others, etc.

So I'm going to counter-ask you this; do you realize how much bigger the picture is than a mere meaning of the word "scapegoat"?

You said it. Obama's a scapegoat. :giggle:

You're putting too much emphasis on the word. America is incredibly slow when it comes to making progress and there's not much Obama can do about it. It always has been like that. Not to mention the fact that he has to deal with hundreds of politicians in order to get anything done.

In fact, I believe that no matter what actions the President and his government may take, they are often not making progress because there's too much bureaucracy involved. The reason why people are always making a scapegoat out of the president is because that's the easy thing to do.

The government is too big and doing too little. They have to reform every branch of the federal government and the state governments. Completely. Otherwise, the government is just one big money drain.

You said it. Obama's a scapegoat. :giggle:

He's our "president" so he should have done more in action than talking pretty. If he gets scapegoated over anything, it's his own fault for setting himself up into such a position. But at least the good news is for most of the legit "holding someone responsible" there were needed to be dealt out, obama deserved all of it due to the validity of the reasons behind them.

He's our "president" so he should have done more in action than talking pretty. If he gets scapegoated over anything, it's his own fault for setting himself up into such a position. But at least the good news is for most of the legit "holding someone responsible" there were needed to be dealt out, obama deserved all of it due to the validity of the reasons behind them.

Eh?

don't expect president to do all the work for you, you lazy Americans. You are the ones that should get your lazy asses moving, not ask president to move your asses!

don't expect president to do all the work for you, you lazy Americans. You are the ones that should get your lazy asses moving, not ask president to move your asses!

Kind of hard to do that when the folks on the Capital Hill are restricting us left and right. It's all over the news so small surprise we're trying to ignore the government in order to get the job done without much luck.

Paraphrasing JFK now, eh? :giggle:

Kind of hard to do that when the folks on the Capital Hill are restricting us left and right. It's all over the news so small surprise we're trying to ignore the government in order to get the job done without much luck.

Actually, no. You're just high maintenance. You expect too much from the government and hope to do little in return.

Gas was at the BP $3.16/gal. a week and a half ago....went out yesterday and saw the Hess station, gas was $3.46/gal. ....so is it already going up?....

Dang. it cos me 85 dollars to make a round trip to DC last week. I'm thinking i will a train ticket next time cuz it will be cheaper than driving there. it will be half the price for a round trip.

Dang. it cos me 85 dollars to make a round trip to DC last week. I'm thinking i will a train ticket next time cuz it will be cheaper than driving there. it will be half the price for a round trip.

You can blame the oil corporations since they have a gazillion lobbyists with their hands in the politicians' pockets. While it's true that the government does tax the gasoline, but that doesn't hurt the oil corporations at all. Our wallets suffer the most from it. Oil corporations get a lot of handouts and tax breaks from the government too as well.

Back