Stupid Laws

I think it was probably in relation to a noise ordinance, but either way it's pretty stupid. I mean it's unlikely that I would check my watch then go stick my head out of the window into the backyard and tell Fido "Hey it's 6PM, stop barking!" and then expect him to remain quiet the duration of the night.

:rofl:

In Kentucky -- (yea, it's really outrageously dumb)

• It's illegal to fish in the Ohio River in Kentucky without an Indiana Fishing License.
  • All bees entering Kentucky shall be accompanied by certificates of health, stating that the apiary from which the bees came was free from contagious or infectious disease. -KRS 252.130 (Passed in 1922; Repealed in 1948)

In Lexington, KY -

• By law, anyone who has been drinking is "sober" until he or she "cannot hold onto the ground."
  • It is illegal to transport an ice cream cone in your pocket.

In Owensboro, KY -

• It is illegal to transport an ice cream cone in your pocket.

Clawson, Mich.

It is legal for a farmer to sleep with his pigs, cows, horses, goats and chickens.

(i wonder why)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I laugh sooo hard with pain after read the posts here...

I thought to myself why not to share about stupid law around the world...

Here... :giggle:

Most ridiculous British laws and Most ridiculous foreign laws

Ten stupidest laws are named - Telegraph

Honestly, I never heard about "Eating mince pies on Christmas Day is banned" because I ate mince pies on Xmas Day for years... It look like that the law change since I left England in 1985? I am going to check with my British friends about this... :shock:

Have fun to search "Dumb law" of America and International... :giggle:

Dumb Laws, Stupid Laws: We have weird laws, strange laws, and just plain crazy laws!

Last edited:
I check from that link...

British
Dumb Laws in United Kingdom. Crazy United Kingdom Laws. We have weird laws, strange laws, and just plain crazy laws!

:giggle:

Germany

Dumb Laws in Germany. Crazy Germany Laws. We have weird laws, strange laws, and just plain crazy laws! 2 lists - :giggle: but I don't consider "It is illegal to wear a mask" and "It is illegal for ones car to run out of gas on the Autobahn" as a dumb law. :dunno2:

Why?

Because the people and police can't identify the mask people who break the law due volience during strike, demonstration etc...

Because it could risk other driver's life if the car suddenly stopped on that autobahn (we are not allow to stop on the autobahn but at autobahn parkplace) It's impossible to stop during speed driving when other car suddenly stopped...and hit and end to kill them... We alway make sure that gas is full before go to Autobahn.

In Pennsylvania it is legal to sell a bicycle on a Sunday, but not a tricycle.

Shel90, you can't take a lion to the theatre - it's against the law.

:laugh2: Impossible... because a lion would see Shel90 as a meat... :giggle:

You, folks, in Illinois - it's illegal to speak English. You must speak American.

:o I didn't know that I broke a law when I was in Illinois last year... :o

and alls ya'll in Louisiana: don't shoot the bank teller with a water pistol . . . it's illegal.

Oh my God, :rofl: It look like that the law recommend criminal to take real gun ... Oh my God...

I have read stuff like those before, but haven't read about Washington and was so shocked about those laws existed in Washington :eek3:

All lollipops are banned.

It is illegal to paint polka dots on the American flag.

People may not buy a mattress on Sunday.

It is illegal to pretend that one's parents are rich.

You cannot buy meat of any kind on Sunday.

Women who sit on men's laps on buses or trains without placing a pillow between them face an automatic six-month jail term. (Seattle)

TV's may not be bought on Sundays. (Spokane)

You may not ride an ugly horse (Wilbur)

I copied and paste some of those from this: Stupid Laws - Washington

Lets see if you can go and buy a TV on a sunday! :lol:

In Ohio, if you ignore an orator on Decoration day to such an extent as to publicly play croquet or pitch horseshoes within one mile of the speaker’s stand, you can be fined $25.

Women are prohibited from wearing patent leather shoes in public.

It is illegal to fish for whales on Sunday.

It is illegal to get a fish drunk.

The Ohio driver’s education manual states that you must honk the horn whenever you pass another car.

Participating or conducting a duel is prohibited.

Breast feeding is not allowed in public.

It is illegal for more than five women to live in a house.

It is illegal to mistreat anything of great importance.

No one may be arrested on Sunday or on the Fourth of July.

:lol: That's in Spokane, I am in Vancouver ;)

But I can try to buy a meat from the store this Sunday and see what happened :hmm:

Should be interesting! Tell us about it when you have purchased the meat on a sunday, I believe it sounds so christian to me, LOL :lol: (No offense)

Should be interesting! Tell us about it when you have purchased the meat on a sunday, I believe it sounds so christian to me, LOL :lol: (No offense)

Sure I will ;) Yeah when I read that, I thought "Oh damn religions!" too :rofl: (no offense neither)

Back