Stupid Healthcare Laws & Corporate Greed

NM... missed a point....

Last edited:
:wave:

Last edited:
Well, here's the thing that is raising a red flag for SS: you are applying for SSDI because of back injuries that keep you from working. Yet, the care your wife needs requires lifting. If you can't lift outside the home, you can't life inside the home. So, either your SSDI claim is fictitious, or the fact that you are the primary provider of nursing services for your wife is fictitious.

Just saying...SS looks at all of this. They aren't going to pay you to do a service that you are filing a disability claim saying you can't do.

I can't lift, just push, i.e. to flip my wife while I help clean her up. Lifting requires help from my Aid. I can't pull anymore because that's how I hurt my lower back in the first place. Plus I am deaf, couple with these two problems makes it even more harder to land a job. My injury just added into my job hunting problem aside from being deaf. Which of course, isn't that great. :(

I am not sure what you mean about me being a "primary caregiver of nursing service"? Are you saying that you think I am making a "claim"?

Yiz

Yes, basically to prevent scam. I have seen enough scams already, having husband or relatives invites the chance of scam them out.

If you wonder how so?

OK, here is an example, I get paid to take care of my wife. I could make up anything to get more money, and my wife can testify because she knows what I am up to.
On other hand, having stranger, which prevents from planning to scam because they will have two sides of story behind and easily detect if scam were made or not. But with relatives involved it just gets harder to detect scam.
You may not realize there are plenty of scams going on against insurance industries.
Have I seen it? Oh you can bet on it.

There are reasons why a primary caretaker cannot be a relative, in particular a husband, live in the home, and get paid all at the same time. And it has nothing to do with corporate greed.

I can't lift, just push, i.e. to flip my wife while I help clean her up. Lifting requires help from my Aid. I can't pull anymore because that's how I hurt my lower back in the first place. Plus I am deaf, couple with these two problems makes it even more harder to land a job. My injury just added into my job hunting problem aside from being deaf. Which of course, isn't that great. :(

I am not sure what you mean about me being a "primary caregiver of nursing service"? Are you saying that you think I am making a "claim"?

Yiz

Exactly. So if you cannot do those things, then you are not in good enough health yourself to be designated her primary caregiver and be paid by SS to do the job. Of course SS is going to deny. You might be eligible for disability, depending on your work history, but you can't be paid as a caregiver when you have physical problems that prevent you from performing those services. In other words, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Exactly. So if you cannot do those things, then you are not in good enough health yourself to be designated her primary caregiver and be paid by SS to do the job. Of course SS is going to deny. You might be eligible for disability, depending on your work history, but you can't be paid as a caregiver when you have physical problems that prevent you from performing those services. In other words, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Ohhhh noooo, of course not. Being a paid primary caregiver WILL cancel out my SSDI. No, I can't have both. Yes I am well aware of that. At least that you made it a bit clear, but not as simple as I am making now. That I cannot claim paychecks from a Nursing care company while on SSI checks.

So No, I am not making that claim for BOTH as I know that's impossible. I'm better off getting my SSI anyway.

I'm just ranting about the rules of a family caregiver that cannot be allowed to live with the spouse in the same home. I just think that's plain ridiculous, especially for someone who is way better able-bodied than me.

Yiz

Ohhhh noooo, of course not. Being a paid primary caregiver WILL cancel out my SSDI. No, I can't have both. Yes I am well aware of that. At least that you made it a bit clear, but not as simple as I am making now. That I cannot claim paychecks from a Nursing care company while on SSI checks.

So No, I am not making that claim for BOTH as I know that's impossible. I'm better off getting my SSI anyway.

I'm just ranting about the rules of a family caregiver that cannot be allowed to live with the spouse in the same home. I just think that's plain ridiculous, especially for someone who is way better able-bodied than me.

Yiz

Ooh, i think it might be ridiculous being not alloted or treated within the same home, but you can't be only the person can question it for getting it your side for allotment. It's family permission can allow the caregiver to have such privilege to live with or not only.

Back