Students Looking for ASL buddies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love to practise ASL via Skype. I'm a 1st year signer, username reelyjiggy. Message me here before you add me on Skype. Look forward to chatting with you!

LeighASL, I don't know if you already have too many skype friends or have the time, but if you had time to help a girl learn ASL, that would be really cool! I want to learn really badly, but don't know where I could find someone around me to help? But anyway, I live in Georgia, Eastern Time, but if you would be willing, please let me know! Thanks :D

I've been trying to find someone to practice ASL with on skype d: my user name is iustinus3

I finally got Skype to work! Yay me! Anyways, I would love to chat with peeps here via Skype. Just send me a message and I will give you my Skype ID.

Learning ASL 1

Hi my names Linda and I am learning ASL 1 right now but would like more help with it like trying to have a convo if thats ok

My skype is xpixel_princessx

Hello, my name is Natalie, I am in ASL 1 now and would love to be able to practice with other people who know sign. If some one would message me about helping me, it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Been awhile since I've been on here. My schedule has been rather hectic but I am always looking for ASL students to add me on Skype. If you do contact me let me know you are from AD. I am in ASL 1, and I am looking to practice with someone who is serious! If you rarily go on skype, intend on skyping once a month, don't bother sending me a request. If you have no online manners or manners period don't bother either. I am looking for someone to practice with at least once or twice a week. I'm usually on after seven p.m. EST. up until the late hours. I am sometimes chatting with other Skype friends but we can always make it a group session in Tinychat. This week I think I will be home so you can catch me in the day if you see me. Please be mature and serious. That's all I ask. Gay, straight, man, woman, ASL 1 to conversational, whatever I don't care. I'd prefer Skyping with someone over aged 24 years old.

i'm new as well

Hello, my name is Natalie, I am in ASL 1 now and would love to be able to practice with other people who know sign. If some one would message me about helping me, it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

i'm new as well add me on skype :]
xpixel_princessx

I like Skype, but I prefer to VP with Sorenson or other programs.

Been awhile since I've been on here. My schedule has been rather hectic but I am always looking for ASL students to add me on Skype. If you do contact me let me know you are from AD. I am in ASL 1, and I am looking to practice with someone who is serious! If you rarily go on skype, intend on skyping once a month, don't bother sending me a request. If you have no online manners or manners period don't bother either. I am looking for someone to practice with at least once or twice a week. I'm usually on after seven p.m. EST. up until the late hours. I am sometimes chatting with other Skype friends but we can always make it a group session in Tinychat. This week I think I will be home so you can catch me in the day if you see me. Please be mature and serious. That's all I ask. Gay, straight, man, woman, ASL 1 to conversational, whatever I don't care. I'd prefer Skyping with someone over aged 24 years old.

I agree you!!! That is right otherwise!!

I have been learning for a while mostly from books and online sites. I have never become fluent for lack of anyone to sign with. I have skype User name is kittenskysong

Boring, middle-aged HoH woman looking for someone to practice ASL with. I am quickly learning signing on my own, but I'm finding it's quite different understanding what is signed to me.

Anyone fluent who wants to help me out, please message me for my Skype name. And thanks!!!

Hi there,

I'm Amber, 23 years old. I'm not deaf but I have always been interested in learning how to sign and would love to learn and practice with others. I am not always in one spot so taking actual classes isn't possible for me, but I was hoping to meet a group of nice people online with whom I could learn and practice, preferrably regularly.

I do have skype but would prefer to be messaged on this website first before giving out my ID.

Feel free to message me, I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

Amber

Well, I don't really use my skype, but I have one and would love to sign w/ someone fluent who can help me learn. I learn so much better/quicker when I can actually sign with a live person, books and websites only do so much! My Skype is julietta.mangino

Hello, I'm currently learning from Lifeprint.com.. I'm on free lesson 5 or 6, kind of perfecting those before I move on..

Anyway, I know some ASL, obviously not a lot, because on Lifeprint free lesson 5 is like the 5th week into a normal ASL 1 class, but I learn quickly and I'll probably pick up on signs real quickly, so if anyone wants to chat, I'm kind of limited to the hours I'm at school, but not in classes:
Mondays: 9am to 10am, 11am to noon, 2 to 4:30.
Tuesdays: 11:00 - 12:30, 3:30 - 4:30
Wednesdays: 9am to 10am, 11am to 4:30
Thursdays: 11:00 - 12:30, 3:30 - 4:30
Friday: 9am - 4:30pm

This is all in Central Time! (I live in North Dakota)

If you maybe have a kind of open schedule and wanna help me learn, please let me know!

I'm always on Skype and would love to practice! My skype name is Michaela.Elizabeth.Harter

Is anyone here still willing/available to practice signing with a new signer? I do have a webcam and skype.

Last edited:
I'm in ASL 2, but my class isn't at the same level I'm at (they're a little slower). I need someone to practice with. Skype me: jesspl0x

i can practice with any one who wants
im in asl 3 but it feels like asl 2 all over again but anywho
my skype name is chelseacatastrophic(friend came up with that name)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back