Students Looking for ASL buddies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even have a skype, but I would like to teach ASL. It is my first language.

Not sure if that would work from MyTouch 3G slide phone of mine?

I don't know either. You can put it on ipod touch 4th generation. Actually, I don't think you can put it on your phone.

It has to be iPhone or some Androids.

I don't know either. You can put it on ipod touch 4th generation. Actually, I don't think you can put it on your phone.

It has to be iPhone or some Androids.

I never heard it new I am puzzled it I am surprised few told me ipod involves skype I ma pretty not sure research
btw I explain to bit tech news issues improve improves

Hey, I have been self teaching myself ASL and would love to have someone to practice with and be able to grow a larger vocabulary. I would say my fluency is somewhere in the range of completing about a semester of ASL. Maybe a little less.

Anyway, evenings are usually best for me as I work in the day. And I am in Arizona, so Mountain Standard timezone is the one that I am in. If anyone wants to chat and practice I am on Skype and MSN.

MSN-Addle
Skype-AddleASL

I hope to hear from someone and have someone to practice with soon :)

Here is a thread for the ASL students who want to practice so they can contact each other and find who wants to practice with them.

I am willing help those want to practice. Let me know I am happy to help :wave: I only have skype and videophone. lol

I am willing help those want to practice. Let me know I am happy to help :wave: I only have skype and videophone. lol

That's great Meg. If you put your Skype up, the students who want help could ask you to add them.

That's a nice offer and I hope some students get you to help. :)

That's great Meg. If you put your Skype up, the students who want help could ask you to add them.

That's a nice offer and I hope some students get you to help. :)

Lucky.Megan.Mizell is my skype im.

I'm a little apprehensive about signing with someone just because I'm afraid of how bad I will be. I haven't had an ASL class in over a year but am taking one in the Fall and I need to be ready!! Please, anyone (other students, deaf, hoh) who wants to sign, feel free to add me.

My skype name is t_rockhill

I'm a little apprehensive about signing with someone just because I'm afraid of how bad I will be. I haven't had an ASL class in over a year but am taking one in the Fall and I need to be ready!! Please, anyone (other students, deaf, hoh) who wants to sign, feel free to add me.

I am apprehensive about it as well. I obsess too much about me making mistakes that I never feel confidant. I will add you.

I am apprehensive about it as well. I obsess too much about me making mistakes that I never feel confidant. I will add you.

Make that three of us. Feel free to add me too(both of you). I know roughly the equivalent of a semester's worth of asl. :)

Hey guys!! I am looking for someone to skype with or trade videos over youtube!!! My skype name is j.l.frankovich and my youtube username is Frankie79413. When you add me please let my know that you're from alldeaf :) thanks!!! (also I'm starting ASL 3 in the fall!)
http://www.youtube.com/user/Frankie79413

Last edited:
I've been studying ASL for a year. I've completed both ASL I and II in college, and like everyone else, would love to learn more, and have some people to practice with, Deaf/HOH/Coda/hearing/student, doesn't matter. If you're interested, add me on Skype! My SN is amandaraemay

Hey there! I would love to meet new people online who have an interest in ASL. I don't care if you're Deaf or hearing; fluent or just beginning. I have a couple good friends who have actually taken the time to learn sign for me and it means more to me than they will ever know. I would love to meet more people who can sign as I'm sure most deafies can understand, always lip reading, typing, or writing can sometimes get tiring, at least for me.

I can help students study and practice and I would also like to be able to brush up on mine if anyone fluent would like to chat. Everyone around here knows that I can lip read really well so that's usually what they expect (something about this will have to change soon), so it's nice to be able to sign and give the eyes a bit of a break.

I have Skype and ooVoo but I do prefer Skype. If it's alright, I would feel a bit more comfortable talking a couple times on here first before adding each other.

:ty: for reading!

I would love to practice with someone, either in person or over skype. I am HoH and need to become proficient in ASL. I live in Denver if anyone is willing.

Hi I'm learning sign language on my own and on the internet. I'm in high school and our district doesn't offer ASL and I don't have the money to pay for any courses. My mom knew a little and so she taught me that and now I'm doing a free online course but I would like to get in some time practicing with someone else that is really fluent. I also interpret the song service at my church. We have a little boy who's deaf that a family adopted from China a few months ago. He's five and has just started learning sign language since he came over here. His mom is a deaf ed teacher and is fluent in ASL but I don't want to ask her for her time since she's got 4 kids she's busy with. But, another problem, I don't have a webcam or permission to skype probably....if anyone has any ideas about how on earth I can practice with someone for free without a webcam I'd REALLY appreciate it soooo much!!! I know it's a ridiculous request but I'm hoping for kind of a miracle I guess :hmm:

Hey, I'm interested in learning ASL (as a third language), so was thinking that I might learn it faster if I have someone to talk to in ASL. I live in Sydney (So, that means my time is GMT+10), and I'm only sometimes free after 6:30pm when I've arrived home after work.

So add me, and help me understand ASL and the differences between ASL and Auslan (Surely it's more than just different signs?).

My skype is "Arafangion", but if I ignore you, don't take offense! That just means I'm busy. (Eg, I could be at work, or cooking, or whatever).

I'm hearing, I've taken one semester of ASL classes. I have skype. If anyone wants to practice please let me know :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back