Student in New Jersey

Bubblez03

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Well I'm a senior in University and I had so many Electives left to take I decided to take ASL, since when i do have a deaf student in class i watch the interpreters more than the professor. I took ASL I and loved it!!!!!!! ^^ So now I'm Studying ASL II (This time with a deaf professor). Maybe making some new friends will help me edge out of my shyness to try.

hellooooo Bubblez. What school do you go to?

:wave: Welcome to AllDeaf Bubblez! I live on LI but I would definitely come in to Manhattan to practice with you! shyness with signing is my problem too!

Last edited:
:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Thank so much for the warm welcome everyone! I do hope i can continue my studies and one day come out of my shyness. All the signing is thrilling to me, but somewhat intimidating when i have to talk to my professor about something. I always feel like i flubbed it or could have worded it better.
It's all a part of learning right?

Welcome Bubblez03! I've just started my ITP program at Ocean County College in NJ, which is associated with Kean Univ, I believe. I love it!! I can't wait to go back every week! Good luck with your studies. :)

Welcome Bubblez03! I've just started my ITP program at Ocean County College in NJ, which is associated with Kean Univ, I believe. I love it!! I can't wait to go back every week! Good luck with your studies. :)

I'm not too sure on the association, but the interpreters and professors here do frequently mention how great the program is at OCC. Good luck with your studies as well!

Now if I could find some good events and programs to get out there and involve myself in I might do better than I think I am!

I'm not too sure on the association, but the interpreters and professors here do frequently mention how great the program is at OCC. Good luck with your studies as well!

Now if I could find some good events and programs to get out there and involve myself in I might do better than I think I am!

I've been told the same thing by several people about the ITP at OCC. Does Kean Univ have a sign club? I am a part of the sign club at OCC and they send emails every week for events that happen throughout the month around the area.

What area do you live in? Maybe I could forward notices to you so you could check out some in your area (if the events are close enough to where you live). Most seem to be more towards Central Jersey with a few in my area (Atlantic County). I don't think you've posted enough to send a private message to me, but if you want to, send me an email (look under my profile for the link) and let me know your email address to forward them to...
God Bless!

:welcome: to AD and best of luck with your journey with ASL. :)

I'm from NJ also. I think it's great that you continued to learn sign language after you finished school.

I'm from NJ also. I think it's great that you continued to learn sign language after you finished school.

:ty:

I'm technically still in school, but I continued because I love learning sign language and maybe one day i will be brave enough to make a new friend

Back