Student arrested for making a map of his school

Status
Not open for further replies.

PowerON

Reaction score
A Chinese student was removed from Clements High School in Fort Bend, Texas after parents complained he had re-created the school grounds in a game and uploaded the map for his friends to play. The boy was placed in the district's alternate education school and later arrested, as the police considered him a "terroristic threat". The Chinese community and the boy's mother have rallied behind him, saying the school has acted too harshly in the wake of the Virginia Tech shootings. No charges were filed, though the boy won't be allowed to participate in graduation ceremonies.

» source

it seem like if they're being racism to this asian boy. The weapson only found at their house is.. hammer. No guns. WTF?

btw, I do understand it's ridiculous to have maps of high school and play like Doom. oh well.

W... T... F... !?

:crazy:

This is stupid!

I've often dreamed of recreating RIT campus into a shooting game. No, it doesn't mean that I'm gonna on a real-life shooting spree. :roll:

wrong wrong wrong

Talk about politically incorrect! We all want children to be safe, but this is just plain wrong. Why ruin a talented honor student for being creative?

this boy is very wrong make maps as remakes! im sure he would learn his lesson

NO! If you prevent them from being creative WITHOUT any malicious intent (i.e., no desire to harm others) then you're being REALLY STUPID.

Stop reacting like everyone is out to kill you! Investigate suspicious activity, but don't automatically assume people are out to kill or hurt others.

NO! If you prevent them from being creative WITHOUT any malicious intent (i.e., no desire to harm others) then you're being REALLY STUPID.

Stop reacting like everyone is out to kill you! Investigate suspicious activity, but don't automatically assume people are out to kill or hurt others.

Who are you talking to? Sara?

If so then Sara is wrong...

this boy is very wrong make maps as remakes! im sure he would learn his lesson

What so? that's his choice for play games, unless he did nothing with real time at high school.

Talk about politically incorrect! We all want children to be safe, but this is just plain wrong. Why ruin a talented honor student for being creative?

Army would need someone like him to being combat in train, study any place and create the floorplan to put solider in train to hunt someone down. That would be cool but sadness to lose the best of the best. heh.

hmm. If he hadn't decided to make a map of his school for that sort of game, but rather used it for something else like those skateboarding/extreme sports games sort of thing, he would probably get nice money for making the layout look pretty good.

Yeah other night I saw TV news...like I said ohhh shit video game look exact same inside high school. Start spree shooting all over. Guy must be genius programmer for game.

Woot!!! I like his map, that what he created it.

I feel bad for him that got in trouble, also he did nothing to do in real time. :ugh:

Fear drives the sheep as the whip drives a horses' raw behind with a buggy in tow! UH-OH RUNAWAY BUGGY!

Strange....:crazy:.....When I was in high school, 9th, I did drew the map of my old high school campus on the paper. Just for fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back