Stress and Anxiety...?

hazelnut898900

Reaction score
I've always struggled with both high stress levels and anxiety attacks...so I was just wondering:

What are ways that you find helpful to "de-stress" or just feel less stressed or anxious in general?

Outdoors and exercise. Especially spending time in the wilderness or just going for a run.

Walk for about half hour for the first time. Sometimes it helps. Other than that, i dont know.

panic attacks are the worse thing anyone can have if having panic attack I get paper bag and re-breathe my breath it gets breathing back to normal..Other than that I go down to sea bottom of my road and try work out how much water in the sea or try find amber on beach

Walking/exercise is good also. Or finding things to think about that will take your mind off your troubles.

panic attacks are the worse thing anyone can have if having panic attack I get paper bag and re-breathe my breath it gets breathing back to normal..Other than that I go down to sea bottom of my road and try work out how much water in the sea or try find amber on beach

Are you on the white cliffs of Dover? Amber? Gemstones? "Try to work out how much water in the sea"?

I've been a victim of panic attacks, stress and anxiety too....(guessing we all have at some point in our lives)....Feel depression is the main culprit. A lot of times, I've tried to sleep it all off and take it one day at a time. Believing too, that this to, will pass and it all works out for the best. I do avoid large crowds of people, (panic attack)...and I avoid drama as much as possible....

Few of my friends share their expeirneces, workout aka walking or running or exercise do help a lot to reduce the antiexty and stress. Me too!

Few of my friends share their expeirneces, workout aka walking or running or exercise do help a lot to reduce the antiexty and stress. Me too!

Yes, I do believe exercise, running/walking does help. Keeps the body and mind more healthy and strong.

Are you on the white cliffs of Dover? Amber? Gemstones? "Try to work out how much water in the sea"?
If she's getting it from the beach, I'm thinking she means ambergris.

Each day I give the Lord control of my life, so that relieves me of major worry. I also pray for calmness throughout the day as things pop up. Especially before taking a test, I pray for calmness and focus. :)

For immediate release of stress that happens when something goes wrong, I either hop on the treadmill or go for a vigorous walk.

Some of my anxiety is a result of Parkinson's Disease, not from worry about the future. It's part of the condition, as is dementia, constant nausea, social withdrawal and sleep disturbance. That part is harder for me to control, just like I can't control the stuff my muscles do (or fail to do). That's when a burst of physical activity, such as a walk, helps me. It releases the nervous energy that my body generates.

I think it helps also to maintain a basically good level of nutrition.

Exercise really does help a lot. I've struggled with anxiety and found that when I'm physically active it's a lot better.

Outdoors and exercise. Especially spending time in the wilderness or just going for a run.

I agree with this , I went the beach a lot when I was teenager to get away from my stressful abusive father it took long walks and waves the ocean . It was very peaceful . I also did yoga a lot to help with the stress . This is why I loved living in Northern California , I was living the wilderness . No TV or phones , cars etc. If the OP has a dog you could take it for a nice walk and you both will feel better. The one only men I know about me are my neighbors .

I have safe spaces I use when I'm anxious. Sometimes it's a friend who knows the situation and understands when I say simple phrases like "I need to leave" or even "I don't want to do this" or similar things. My best friend understands that if I'm sticking with her, I'm using her as a "safe space". I sometimes distract myself with music, my phone, a book, drawing, or just counting things. Removing myself from the situation and/or going to a familiar area helps when I need to feel safe.

For de-stressing, I try to watch a movie I've been wanting to see, or even an episode of a show. I drink some tea, and try to do little things I've been needing to do. I'm in college, so I don't have a lot of time to do stuff just for me, but when I have a moment I try to take full advantage of it.

Controlling mental issues is a whole different task to add to our lives. Like most have mentioned, physical exercise. Why? It relaxes you and keeps your heart rate normal. You don't want chronic release of adrenaline in your body over something only in your mind, that will lead to a host of other health issues. So preferably, deal with your problems directly, but make it a point to be calm. After all, can't resolve effectively with the same mindset that caused the stress.

Back