Strange white flags on Brooklyn Bridge

It's pretty frightening that people could get past the security set up on that bridge. It's definitely a slap in the face for the people in charge of security.
that would suggest some shithead or talibans or arabs doing this sh*t,,yeah

Not to me... ANYBODY could have gotten up there. They still don't know why those flags were put there.

Hmm fingerprints from a bridge yeah luck with that lol...unless they are looking at parts of the bridge not normally accessible to the public. If that's the case hopefully they will find something though there's a small chance it could be some punk ass teenagers being complete brats...

Not to me... ANYBODY could have gotten up there. They still don't know why those flags were put there.

Hmm fingerprints from a bridge yeah luck with that lol...unless they are looking at parts of the bridge not normally accessible to the public. If that's the case hopefully they will find something though there's a small chance it could be some punk ass teenagers being complete brats...

The flags where not put there , they where American flags that been bleached , I thought that was what happen when I saw this on the news . It would had drawn too much attention to had taken the flag down and put white ones up ,so the people poured bleach on the flags and the cops found the bottles of bleach on the bridge.

I had no idea the Brooklyn Bridge was French. A car must have backfired or something :hmm:

The flags where not put there , they where American flags that been bleached , I thought that was what happen when I saw this on the news . It would had drawn too much attention to had taken the flag down and put white ones up ,so the people poured bleach on the flags and the cops found the bottles of bleach on the bridge.
That's very strange that they would use bleach. Flags that fly outdoors are normally made of nylon, so bleach doesn't fade them. (Cotton flags don't last outdoors.) We frequently use hot water, detergent and bleach on our flags because they get mold on them from our hot, damp climate. The bleach kills the mold but it doesn't fade the flags. I wonder if the Brooklyn Bridge vandals mixed in some other chemical with the bleach. :dunno:

Maybe it was a disgruntled cop, construction worker or 4th of July fireworks worker.

Do you have the source?

the point is nothing is fullproof and if terrosst want to get you they will as this proves

This provides some explanation about the flags:

Cops collect DNA in Brooklyn Bridge flag caper - CNN.com

"New York police have collected DNA evidence in the case of nighttime acrobats who replaced two American flags atop of the Brooklyn Bridge with two white flags, according to a law enforcement official with knowledge of the investigation Friday.

The swapped-out bleached flags were spotted by construction workers at 5:30 a.m. Tuesday."

"The oversized white banners -- American flags that were pre-bleached -- have prompted investigators to talk with flag manufacturers and check websites for anyone who may have recently purchased large Stars and Stripes, according to the official."

From those descriptions, it appears that the vandals brought large pre-bleached white flags with them to the bridge. Then, they swapped out their flags for the regular flags that were mounted on the bridge.

In that case, the vandals could have bought cotton flags, bleached them, then took them to the bridge, ready to swap for the nylon flags. They didn't do any bleaching at the bridge itself.

This provides some explanation about the flags:

Cops collect DNA in Brooklyn Bridge flag caper - CNN.com

"New York police have collected DNA evidence in the case of nighttime acrobats who replaced two American flags atop of the Brooklyn Bridge with two white flags, according to a law enforcement official with knowledge of the investigation Friday.

The swapped-out bleached flags were spotted by construction workers at 5:30 a.m. Tuesday."

"The oversized white banners -- American flags that were pre-bleached -- have prompted investigators to talk with flag manufacturers and check websites for anyone who may have recently purchased large Stars and Stripes, according to the official."

From those descriptions, it appears that the vandals brought large pre-bleached white flags with them to the bridge. Then, they swapped out their flags for the regular flags that were mounted on the bridge.

In that case, the vandals could have bought cotton flags, bleached them, then took them to the bridge, ready to swap for the nylon flags. They didn't do any bleaching at the bridge itself.

That is weird I wonder why it was reported that the cops found some bottles of bleach on the bridge and I heard that people climb up the pole and poured bleach on the flags . I guess the reporters are making up stuff as they report it. My computer is running very slow for some reason and is making it hard to look things up.

Well, I agree that it's scary because it shows that terrorist(s) can plant a bomb anywhere on a bridge with no problem.

That's very strange that they would use bleach. Flags that fly outdoors are normally made of nylon, so bleach doesn't fade them. (Cotton flags don't last outdoors.) We frequently use hot water, detergent and bleach on our flags because they get mold on them from our hot, damp climate. The bleach kills the mold but it doesn't fade the flags. I wonder if the Brooklyn Bridge vandals mixed in some other chemical with the bleach. :dunno:

The bleach did change the color on nylon carpet.

The bleach did change the color on nylon carpet.
Did it turn white? Bleach will change the colors on some kinds of fibers. All-weather flags are usually stronger.

Well, I agree that it's scary because it shows that terrorist(s) can plant a bomb anywhere on a bridge with no problem.

This it being taking very serious that people where able to climb on the bridge that easy. People been able to sneak onto airport runway and hide the plane wheel well , a bomb could be planted on a plane this way.

Did it turn white? Bleach will change the colors on some kinds of fibers. All-weather flags are usually stronger.

Not sure about white, it will change the color, but I'm question about a lot of bleach could turn to white, so it looks like I need test with leftover carpet for experiment.

I actually had a dream about that once. Except it was the Tampa Bay bridge and it was during rush hour.

eh not really. I'm not concerned at all. it's basically non-issue. do you realize how much explosive is required to blow up Brooklyn Bridge? it's pretty much impossible to do it undetected :lol:

in this case - it's just a couple of punks stealing some flags and replacing it with bleached flags - most likely 2 punks. very lightweight and highly mobile. explosive? nope. very heavyweight and very cumbersome. you're gonna need more than 2 people to do it.

you people always think "TERRORISTS" for something that's so elaborated when in fact it can be done in much simpler way.... such as driving a truck full of explosions (Tim McVeigh style) thru bridge and kaboom. beside.... why would they put explosive on top of bridge? that's not going to do anything! an explosive that is a backpack size placing on top of Brooklyn Bridge is not going to damage much! it will most likely trigger chemical sensors anyway.

I'm with you, Jiro. I'm not concerned at all either. It just shows that the cops were sleeping. That's what the big deal is all about.

I liked the stunt though.

I'm with you, Jiro. I'm not concerned at all either. It just shows that the cops were sleeping. That's what the big deal is all about.

I liked the stunt though.

I pass thru Brooklyn Bridge many many many times. there are one police car stationed at both ends. cops are either sleeping or texting.

Back