Story time....

Jason Paul

Reaction score
Hello! I don't know if there is a topic like this around (I did look for a bit, but I don't think I saw one - although I may have accidentally skipped over a topic or two while looking around). If there is a topic similar to this one, please just let me know, thanks!

Basically, I just wanted to ask if any of you have any interesting/humorous/etc stories relating to your HoH/d/Deafness. I just think it could be fun to talk about and read about them.

Hope you are all having a great day so far!!

-Jason

Here's one of my stories:
Last year, I was in science class, and we got all our work done early in class and so the teacher had us start up a game of Bingo for us all to play. All of the kids went along with it, but most weren't very interested, and so they were all talking (very loudly) to their friends. With everyone talking, I was having trouble understanding what numbers and letters the Bingo caller was saying. For each game of Bingo we played, the teacher had a different caller. I have trouble hearing and understanding really high or somewhat low voices - and the caller for one round of Bingo had a voice that fell in the low range, which had me asking "sorry, what did you say?" every time he called a number.

After a while, he got exasperated, and said something that I didn't quite catch. I didn't understand what he said, but whatever it was, it made the whole class go silent. Everyone had a shocked look on their face. I didn't feel like asking for someone to tell me what he said (I had had enough of saying "sorry, what did you/he say").

Later, after class was over, my teacher came up to me and started apologizing profusely for something. In real life I'm a fairly quiet/shy person (until I get to know someone really well), and so I just said "It's okay, I'm fine, I don't mind" although I had no clue what she was talking about. Prior to this the kid who had said something that made the whole class fall silent had come up to me and apologized as well, and I pretty much, not having a clue why he was apologizing, had the same reaction with him as I did with my teacher.

After thinking for a moment, I figured out that whatever they were both apologizing for probably had something to do with whatever the kid had said. So I ran up to one of my friends and asked "What happened in Science class, what did that boy say?"
They replied with "he said 'what, are you deaf or something?'"
And that was why the whole class quieted down - because they know that I am hard of hearing.

I wasn't offended at all (as it seems everyone was worried I would be), I was just humoured that I didn't hear him ask if I was deaf. :P

So there is one of my stories, and I am sure one of you must have a story too! Please share them if you'd like! (And like I said earlier, if there is a topic similar to this, please just let me know)

-Jason

I think there is a thread about but not sure. Boy that kid was an idiot saying that you.

I was once going to take a trip with my b/f and I asked a woman if she know of good places to leave my dog , I guess she misunderstood my question and started to tell me about this place where you had your own bed and meals where brought to you and I was saying boy my dog would love that place. My b/f realize what was going but he thought it was so funny he said nothing . The woman was telling all about place for people to stay and I wanted to know a place for dogs to stay ! It was very funny when I finally realize I did not hear the woman correctly and we where talking about two difference things.

I didn't mind, it puts a smile on my face every time I think about it for some reason.

Things like that moment you, WDYS!, had are always funny to think back about!

(P.S: I will continue searching for that topic, although later on, since I just quickly popped onto AD to see what was new)

-Jason

got lots but I got try remmber them..i got broken arms at moment and some twat asked if it deaf sore throat but expect many of us had that said....all I said you want to catch it

Back