Storage Sweet Corn on the Cob

CoolieFroggie

Reaction score
Fly Free and I happen saw a big sale 8 corn on the cob for 1.98, Cheap eh? So we are asking one of you guy who know how to storage the corn? so we can save it in any the future.

:slap: should have ask me!

hehe.. I infamous storage them in freezer glad-locks..

all you have to ..

boil them for 20 min, let cool down in boiler for 10 min then drain.. cut them sides(use paring knife).. into bowl.. add little butter and salt.. then use 1 cup scoop them into the glad locks.. flat them before seal (air out).. so you can storage them more space..
you can add more than 1 cup depends on servin people..

I normally scoop them 2 cups.. each freezer glad locks and flatten them (air out) and pile them nicely..

:) enjoy

freeze them in same temp up to 6 months

Talking about corn, ever tasted it with honey and garlic barbeque sauce?
(You put on after the butter, salt and pepper)
IT'S AWESOME !!!!!!

Also when watching the food channel of Hazel's Famous Country Receipies, one of them was creamed corn with macaroni and cheese in a shallow large dish, it's supposed to be spectacular??

But the barbeque sauce on corn is oh so good! Gotta try it!

I put corn on cobs in the glad lock bags and squeeze the air out and put them in freezer. It turned out great! :) I will grab some more this weekend and store them in the freezer. MMM YUMMIE! I love corn on the cobs! SO FRESH!

I lurv fresh corn on the cobs... (prefer peach & Cream corn cobs only)

I goes to Farmer and buy 12 dozen of corn cob and cost me 2.00 dollars :D

Cheap and reasonable!!!

woOooo

I like both BBQ and cooking boiling... Tasty so delcouisly!

Doesn't want storage freezer.. reason tasty different..
I'd rather picked fresh corn cob and put into right away cooking..
Corn cob can storage in the fridge one week limits. If you kept corn cob in the fridge more than 1 week over.. will get rotten and mold fast!

DoofusMama said:
:slap: should have ask me!

hehe.. I infamous storage them in freezer glad-locks..

all you have to ..

boil them for 20 min, let cool down in boiler for 10 min then drain.. cut them sides(use paring knife).. into bowl.. add little butter and salt.. then use 1 cup scoop them into the glad locks.. flat them before seal (air out).. so you can storage them more space..
you can add more than 1 cup depends on servin people..

I normally scoop them 2 cups.. each freezer glad locks and flatten them (air out) and pile them nicely..

:) enjoy

freeze them in same temp up to 6 months
yup!!! that what i am doing this every time in summer when i buy corn cob... it stay good taste! yummy!

Mod Note:

Previous posts have been edited as this situation is not only being monitored, but other actions are either pending or being given. Please let the administration/mods take care of this and stick to the topic for which this thread is related to. Also, just a gentle reminder, you see the 'triangular' icon that sits below avatars? Use that to 'report' something that any one of you feel it's neccessary for the administration/mods to review and consider any such action(s) that may be carried out....

Do 'YOUR' part rather than turning to the belittling ways, thrashing on any member, that's just brings in more members to jump on some bandwagon and gets things going out of hand real quickly, thus, at times, getting a thread closed.

Now now, about the corn, hailing from a state well known for its cornfields and farmers, throughout the years I grew up there, having delicious dinner-meals that had these frozen 'fresh' corn that we either get from a farmer's market or out at some 'corn-on-the-cob' stand where we'd get a dozen for either one dollar and/or up to 2 dollars. It was neat watching my own mother, grandparents, great-aunt all peeled the corn, cook it and then cut them, placing them in freezer bags or containers to have much later. MMmmm...now, suddenly I'm hungryyyy for some mouthwatering buttery-hot corn....

Hope all your corn that you do freeze up turns out really good later CoolieFroggie!! :thumb:

~RR

Roadrunner said:
Mod Note:

Previous posts have been edited as this situation is not only being monitored, but other actions are either pending or being given. Please let the administration/mods take care of this and stick to the topic for which this thread is related to. Also, just a gentle reminder, you see the 'triangular' icon that sits below avatars? Use that to 'report' something that any one of you feel it's neccessary for the administration/mods to review and consider any such action(s) that may be carried out....

Do 'YOUR' part rather than turning to the belittling ways, thrashing on any member, that's just brings in more members to jump on some bandwagon and gets things going out of hand real quickly, thus, at times, getting a thread closed.

Now now, about the corn, hailing from a state well known for its cornfields and farmers, throughout the years I grew up there, having delicious dinner-meals that had these frozen 'fresh' corn that we either get from a farmer's market or out at some 'corn-on-the-cob' stand where we'd get a dozen for either one dollar and/or up to 2 dollars. It was neat watching my own mother, grandparents, great-aunt all peeled the corn, cook it and then cut them, placing them in freezer bags or containers to have much later. MMmmm...now, suddenly I'm hungryyyy for some mouthwatering buttery-hot corn....

Hope all your corn that you do freeze up turns out really good later CoolieFroggie!! :thumb:

~RR

Thank you very much RR..

(psst) I have 16 corn on cobs in refridagtor.. am going to boil them for lunch.. :fruit:

Thanks

Roadrunner said:
Mod Note:

Do 'YOUR' part rather than turning to the belittling ways, thrashing on member, that's just brings in more members to jump on some bandwagon and gets things going out of hand real quickly, thus, at times, getting a thread closed.
THANK YOU.. I appericate it very much and i just don't post it for myself it can be everybody who need to look at.. so everybody please pass any of TASTY recipe of COrn! let's hear some chopping oh shit i lose my teeth damn it. hehe

Also, I was rambling on about the days of past, now ^Angel^ and I have been doing this as well, it's nice knowing that we have some good fresh corn frozen up and waiting for us to sink our mouths into! We use freezer-storage bags which is handy as well as it doesn't take up too much space in the freezer. ;)

Back