Stop the stupid smilie random-izer...

pintnight

Reaction score
Please make the smilied a WHOLE lot user friendly. The smilie randomizer is stupid beyond stupid. Do I really really need to explain this? (was going to put a nice annoying type smilie but why bother when every time I want to use a smilie it's been randomized and a pain to remember where they are to make it easier to locate said smilie to put it here).

Shiva said:
perhaps you could ask bit more nicer than that....
How much nicer should I ask? I didn't use vulgar or attack or such. (where's that "I'm confused" smilie to expressed what I'm saying?)

Try this>> : confused : (spaced together) which will show> :confused:

Once you know the majority of the word usuage for each smiley, there will be times you do not have to refer to the Smiley box for the appropriate smiley you desire to use.

Roadrunner said:
Try this>> : confused : (spaced together) which will show> :confused:

Once you know the majority of the word usuage for each smiley, there will be times you do not have to refer to the Smiley box for the appropriate smiley you desire to use.
Hrmm, okay. Well, I visit several forums and there are several way to type "confused", some will have ": confused : " (what you mentioned), other will have ": confused:" or ":confused :" or ": lol:" or ": lol" or ":(" or ":sad:"..... get my griff? It's not user friendly. (a smilie would go here for frustration but I don't if it's :frustrated: or it's :mad: or :annoyed: or what). So, it's not possible for you to tell me to memorized how each forums setup the smilies.

EDIT: Well obviously this forums is showing mixed smilies bases on the :blah: above but you should get my griff.

I understand how you feel. If you want to see how other members feel about the randomized smilies, I suggest you create a poll with something like this...

Do you want randomized smilies?
O Yes
O No

Be sure to explain what you mean and point out where this happens. If other members feel that this is a problem as well, then more will vote. Later, the website administrator could take this into consideration. :thumb:

As for me, I'm a member of many forums. After a few uses, I've come to see that I don't use all 100 smilies provided. I usually use about 20 of them and they're already memorized. For instance, I know the 3 laughing smilies by heart...

:lol: lol
:laugh2: laugh2
:rofl: rofl

It may be annoying at first, but after a while... it becomes easier. ;)

>>It may be annoying at first, but after a while... it becomes easier.<<

why should I memorize them? with all due respect to those with excellent memory, I have better things to do..

Right now I would have to look all over the place to find these and I am sick of it. It happened once that when I opened a window for more smilies, my already written post was LOST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for the poll- I do not trust everyone has an understanding what I and Pintnight are asking for ,
some people think I wanted to ban erotic emoticons while I did NOT, I just wanted to have them all organized, to have erotic ones in the [more] window, and at hand on the right next to the reply window all the ANIMATED emoticons most commonly used i.e lol, sad, rotflmo, cry etc.

So every time you wish to reply and include emoticon you don't have to:

a/ waste your time to look for them
b/ you are not afraid your child might see it
c/ you are not afraid someone at work will raise their eyebrows
d/ you are simply besing considerate to all those who are uncomfortable with these :buk:

Fuzzy

it seem that anytime you click an link (most of times) it would send to the site on same window. Unless you have way to click the link in new window. when you click that more smiles pop up which should normally open up in the new window which should not cause you to lose your written messages. IF you dont like to look up for emoticons or not like the way it works in here then dont use it at all...For one thing, I do use them and I have no problems with it.

Shiva said:
IF you dont like to look up for emoticons or not like the way it works in here then dont use it at all...For one thing, I do use them and I have no problems with it.

I feel the same way. What is the beef with the emoticons? If they are that much of a pain to use, then why bother? It would seem that the emoticons is causing some people distress. Is it really worth getting a migraine over?

Just my two cents.

I am not getting a migraine over it,
but I do believe if you don't care but I do care,
then just for me and the likes of me,
those who don't care would surely not mind if we had them organised??

For example: they are people who jump TV channels constantly and those who watch this one show at a time,
for those who want to watch it does matter
for those who jump - it doesn't matter what they watch they would jump anyway, so may as well watch what those who watch are watching, lolol,
hope you'll get it..

But, I already said, it's a lost battle and I know it.
Just speaking my mind..

Fuzzy

Ehh, believe me you, I still don't know all the emoticons. I usually have to pull up the list.

While I do like having them to choose from, I don't like having to go the extra yard to find one that "fits." Ah, so I either use the ones that are available "to the right" -----> over there somewhere...

OR...

I just type in my own smilies. :)

Life is waaaaay too short, Fuzzy. Don't worry too much about things that aren't really worth worrying about. :)

One last thing.

Be Malfoyish.

Life is waaaaay too short, Fuzzy. Don't worry too much about things that aren't really worth worrying about.

Certainly, Malfoyish :)
I just got p***ed once, blew my temper.
Then the discussion continued, I was hoping despite the obvious that something good will come out of it,
generally I don't give damn about emoticons, anymore..

Fuzzy :dj:

sexual faces shouldn't be for under 18
:lick: :buk: :bj: :buttsex: :OP: :wackit:

sexual faces shouldn't be for under 18

yes.... but who cares?? if your daughter or son under 18 sees it?

Fuzzy

Audiofuzzy said:
yes.... but who cares?? if your daughter or son under 18 sees it?

Fuzzy
What do you mean?

If you reply, and children happen to look at the smilies they will see all these "bad" smilies. It's exposing them to the sexual content.
But who's going to change ways here for the children - nobody! :mrgreen:

Fuzzy

Audiofuzzy said:
If you reply, and children happen to look at the smilies they will see all these "bad" smilies. It's exposing them to the sexual content.

Fuzzy
I see. You are saying that nobody is willing to change their ways to protect children.

Audiofuzzy said:
>>It may be annoying at first, but after a while... it becomes easier.<<

why should I memorize them? with all due respect to those with excellent memory, I have better things to do..

Right now I would have to look all over the place to find these and I am sick of it. It happened once that when I opened a window for more smilies, my already written post was LOST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for the poll- I do not trust everyone has an understanding what I and Pintnight are asking for ,
some people think I wanted to ban erotic emoticons while I did NOT, I just wanted to have them all organized, to have erotic ones in the [more] window, and at hand on the right next to the reply window all the ANIMATED emoticons most commonly used i.e lol, sad, rotflmo, cry etc.

So every time you wish to reply and include emoticon you don't have to:

a/ waste your time to look for them
b/ you are not afraid your child might see it
c/ you are not afraid someone at work will raise their eyebrows
d/ you are simply besing considerate to all those who are uncomfortable with these :buk:

Fuzzy
How does your post get lost? A window will pop-up with the long list and you can simply click on that icon. Doing that will put the proper code into your message.

Yes, some smilies may be considered offensive. However, not every single website on the web is expected to be 100% clean. We all have our freedom. We're not charging you or forcing you to use the smilies. When I first joined AllDeaf, we had more offensive smilies. None of the members cared about it. A year later, more and more members started complaining... and we removed them. If we keep this up, we might as well remove ALL smilies. It's like a Playboy magazine. You walk in your local 7-11 store. You see a copy of Playboy sitting on the shelf. What you going to do? Sue the manager? He's not forcing you to buy it nor is he forcing you to look at it. The smilies are there IF the member wants to use it. It should be your responsibility to supervise your children of what they do on the web. Sure, you can tell us to make our website very clean with no naughty smilies. However, that's not going to stop your kids from going to other websites.

Audiofuzzy said:

Fuzzy

Most children if they are of school age, are AT school during the day. Not to mention, it is the adult's responsibility to moniter what their child sees. If you think that your child is going to see something they shouldn't, then perhaps, you should consider perusing All-Deaf at a time when you're child isn't around to look over your shoulder.

Come on, Fuzzy. This is starting to get really old. Your complaints can be solved simply by changing your routines and the things that you do! It's not up to us to decide what your child sees and or doesn't see. It's up to YOU to parent your child!

Back