Stop the Credit Card Spam?

authentic

Reaction score
How do you stop the credit card spam via mail? I got so many credit card junks via mail i.e AMEX, SOUTHWEST, CAPONE, CITI, etc ... I always throw it in the trash and it kept mailing me as I feel like the letter itself is recycling. :hmm:

I used to write "Please remove me from your mailing list and DO NOT give away or sell my information" on the papers and stuffed all that stuff in the envelopes they provided (no postage required! :D ). Eventually, the spam stopped coming. It's been years and I still don't get any of it :lol:

Seems like I remember reading that someone saved bunch of those and mailed them back COD. Said they stopped sending it afterward but dunno if true or not.

I used to write "Please remove me from your mailing list and DO NOT give away or sell my information" on the papers and stuffed all that stuff in the envelopes they provided (no postage required! :D ). Eventually, the spam stopped coming. It's been years and I still don't get any of it :lol:

I'm gonna try that now. :lol:

Fake your own death. Don't tell anyone your new name and address.

Another thing I just remembered, I think there is a "Do Not" websites for credit cards also or you can have it put on credit report not to send those anymore.. may want to check that..

Another thing I just remembered, I think there is a "Do Not" websites for credit cards also or you can have it put on credit report not to send those anymore.. may want to check that..

did you remember what website you provided?

I'm afraid when I fill it out on the wrong website, and the website itself is spam which send bazillion of spam junkies to my mailbox, and it is MEGA-FLOODED.

It would be easy when being immortal and fake the death. Move to other country for 50 years then come back to make new life again. Saw Highlander tv show. It was neat!

HAHA......wrote "Deceased....return to sender." on the envelope (without even opening it)....stick it back into the mailbox outgoing slot......It worked for me...and I've also just thrown them into the trash.

HAHA......wrote "Deceased....return to sender." on the envelope (without even opening it)....stick it back into the mailbox outgoing slot......It worked for me...and I've also just thrown them into the trash.
The post office just throws them away if you do that because it's bulk mail and isn't returned to sender like first class mail would be.

That doesn't always work, My grandmother passed away over 2 years ago and she still get junk mail in her mailbox. Even after we sent out a copy of her death certificate to some of the places that keeps sending junk. :shock:

That doesn't always work, My grandmother passed away over 2 years ago and she still get junk mail in her mailbox. Even after we sent out a copy of her death certificate to some of the places that keeps sending junk. :shock:
And SSA has been faithfully depositing money into her account for the past two years and you can pay off some debts. ;)

I wouldn't bother sending out death notice to those folks. They can waste their money on nothing; it's not your problem really.

if supposed somebody bad fraud on credit card serious!!!

And SSA has been faithfully depositing money into her account for the past two years and you can pay off some debts. ;)

I wouldn't bother sending out death notice to those folks. They can waste their money on nothing; it's not your problem really.

:laugh2: Too bad my parents sent them back with a copy of her death certificate. Never heard another peep from them after that...

Back