Still an analog hearing aid lover..WTH is wrong with me?

115 ... yes, you are deaf. I was in the soundproof booth and asked for the sound to be pumped up. The audiologist said she couldn't because at 110 db pulsing in the room, she heard it and I wanted it louder. I lost that one and when I knew she could hear the sound, so much for a soundproof room. Live and learn.

Wow, I have never had that experience with the audi being able to hear it at 115. She must've done a good job covering that up! :) Actually, the chart my audi uses for documenting my loss caps out at 110, and I go beyond that, so the 115 is just an estimate. It could be more for all I know, maybe not. It's at least 110 for sure!

Digitals didn't work for me. I used analogs. The cheapest analog repair I used for about ten years is Lloyds. lloydhearingaid.com They took care of now obsolete aids and repaired them. Customer service is very good and it is a family-owned business. I explored local repair shops and they were all too expensive.

Good luck.

Thank you. I am glad to know of another resource that comes recommend.

Digitals didn't work for me. I used analogs. The cheapest analog repair I used for about ten years is Lloyds. lloydhearingaid.com They took care of now obsolete aids and repaired them. Customer service is very good and it is a family-owned business. I explored local repair shops and they were all too expensive.

Good luck.

As I was having my coffee this morning, my hearing aid just decided to die. What a :shock:. I do have back ups. I was doing some research as to the best online place to send it for repair, decided to take a break and read here. I saw your recommendation of Llyods. I didn't realize they took older analogs to repair, I e-mailed and asked, and now my dead aid is on its way to Il. I have done lots of business with Llyods for accessories so I know their reputation. So glad I saw your post. :lol:

As I was having my coffee this morning, my hearing aid just decided to die. What a :shock:. I do have back ups. I was doing some research as to the best online place to send it for repair, decided to take a break and read here. I saw your recommendation of Llyods. I didn't realize they took older analogs to repair, I e-mailed and asked, and now my dead aid is on its way to Il. I have done lots of business with Llyods for accessories so I know their reputation. So glad I saw your post. :lol:

Oh No~!!! NYNY gets the credit and it is good to get resources form someone who has used them. I hope you get them fixed and returned as soon as possible. Let me know how it goes. If my audiologist back in my hometown runs into a problem with mine then I can at least find another place under a recommendation.

I have used Lloyds too. I have gotten my HA batteries through them for years. So much more inexpensive than buying at a store locally. I buy them in bulk so I only have to order a couple times a year. I have never sent my HAs there, though. Never thought to try that but I will keep that in mind for next time.

Oh No~!!! NYNY gets the credit and it is good to get resources form someone who has used them. I hope you get them fixed and returned as soon as possible. Let me know how it goes. If my audiologist back in my hometown runs into a problem with mine then I can at least find another place under a recommendation.

Will do! :lol:

Hey, this is cool! So, that's three of us who have used them. We all get credit for mentioning Lloyds. It really does say something very positive about them.

I didn't even think about going to them for batteries now that I don't need them anymore. Dang!

I have used Lloyds too. I have gotten my HA batteries through them for years. So much more inexpensive than buying at a store locally. I buy them in bulk so I only have to order a couple times a year. I have never sent my HAs there, though. Never thought to try that but I will keep that in mind for next time.
Last time I had an analog HA repaired and put on a year warranty cost under $150. I trust them more than HA shops where I live and lived. $550 (maybe 8 years ago) was the cost of the Oticon 390 or 380 with a t coil. Locally would've cost me $1150 and that was the going price at various shops.

Last time I had an analog HA repaired and put on a year warranty cost under $150. I trust them more than HA shops where I live and lived. $550 (maybe 8 years ago) was the cost of the Oticon 390 or 380 with a t coil. Locally would've cost me $1150 and that was the going price at various shops.

omg… my hearing aid is a Rexton mini piccolo.. it's old.. :shock:

I've also ditched my digital HA for an analog. My favorite analog is the Oticon PerSonic because it's been the one I've used most of my years, so what I did was keep an eye on Ebay and bought a few that were in good to excellent condition. I don't have to deal with everything sounding robotic anymore, at least not for the time being. :)

I've also ditched my digital HA for an analog. My favorite analog is the Oticon PerSonic because it's been the one I've used most of my years, so what I did was keep an eye on Ebay and bought a few that were in good to excellent condition. I don't have to deal with everything sounding robotic anymore, at least not for the time being. :)

Alex- I just bought a pair off EBay and finding that I heard the same way you did through the digitals. I tried the Phonak Naida's and the audioligist who was working with me for two months could not get the echoes off nor was able to understand me when I said that everyone sounded robotic. The only thing I kept being told repeatedly was that I just needed to accept it as is. I have now 4/5 pairs and just sent one off to be repaired. I plan to keep sending the others in to my audiologist that I grew up with in Missouri. I told my hubby today that I am pretty sure that I am happier in analog and definitely can hear better. Sadly I have to retrain myself a little bit after a 6 months hiatus from wearing them. i too love my analogs and glad that I have the custom made analog/digital behind the ear as another back up for later that my husband spent $4000.on for me. He has been so supportive in all of this. Thanks for your support-!!!!

http://www.directhearingaidservice.com

This place repairs any HAs no matter the age.

Don't feel bad. I've had digital hearing aids for nearly five years now and I HATE it. The sound quality sucks. I still crave the sounds analog aids gave me; call me a sound junkie all you want but the truth is, I did a hell lot better with analogs than I ever have with this digital crap.

Don't feel bad. I've had digital hearing aids for nearly five years now and I HATE it. The sound quality sucks. I still crave the sounds analog aids gave me; call me a sound junkie all you want but the truth is, I did a hell lot better with analogs than I ever have with this digital crap.

That is what my new audiologist says but he also says that most of us will know what will work best for us. I have mine on right now and fairly happy. Just a twinge of guilt for not wearing the $4000. Pair of custom BTE's analog/ digitals. My hubby still says ~ we will get through this one step at a time. 5 pairs I have , one in my ears. One at the shop, two sitting on a drawer waiting to be cleaned up, and then the expensive pair. Ugh.. Merry Christmas to you and grateful to know that I am not alone.

That is what my new audiologist says but he also says that most of us will know what will work best for us. I have mine on right now and fairly happy. Just a twinge of guilt for not wearing the $4000. Pair of custom BTE's analog/ digitals. My hubby still says ~ we will get through this one step at a time. 5 pairs I have , one in my ears. One at the shop, two sitting on a drawer waiting to be cleaned up, and then the expensive pair. Ugh.. Merry Christmas to you and grateful to know that I am not alone.
MelissaWatt: Glad you're still amongst us. 1. I'm glad I made it through the analog years rather than digital. 2. I kept baggies of earmolds that were a joke (smashed when sent to me, too big, too small, and more 3. A bag of analogs. Happy Holidays.

MelissaWatt: Glad you're still amongst us. 1. I'm glad I made it through the analog years rather than digital. 2. I kept baggies of earmolds that were a joke (smashed when sent to me, too big, too small, and more 3. A bag of analogs. Happy Holidays.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I too still have a couple of my earmolds. I still prefer these analogs- honestly still fighting the blues and it bites! I still think about these all dying on me.

Back