still alive

rjr2006

Reaction score
Hi,
I have been very buoy and I am visiting family for Christmas. I began to research on SoCal last month for the reason that Rochester may have everything for the deaf, yes but not for complex wheelchair repairs/future wheelchairs. I am facing dilemma between staying in Rochester or move to SoCal plus my family is in CT...... Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Have you ever visit D.C. ? there are pretty good for varies of disabilities due to good transportation, such as subway, bus or special bus shuttle etc.

there have some good programs for disabilities.

I'm glad to know that you are still alive! :wave:

Have you ever visit D.C. ? there are pretty good for varies of disabilities due to good transportation, such as subway, bus or special bus shuttle etc.

there have some good programs for disabilities.

yes, I went there twice and visited gally. they do not offer complex wheelchair repairs.

Heeeeeeeey, man! It's good to know you're alive and well! Thanks for stopping by AD. :)

Don't pay the ransom, folks, rjr's escaped! :lol: It has been a while since we saw you, dude, and it sounds like you've gone places. What do YOU think your next move should be? Welcome back. :)

Hey, rjr2006, long time and I have never see you around the forum very much lately. There is one advice I could give you is to go to your school or college counselor and she or he will help you where to find good accessible place for you to attend like SoCal. As for the wheelchair repairs, just ask the counselor about that and she or he will make calls for you to find the wheelchair repair shop. I have been to California, but I do not attend colleges there and not know much about important things like you suggest trying to find a place to live and get wheelchair repairs. What about google? It might answer your questions. Hope that help you. :fingersx:

Don't pay the ransom, folks, rjr's escaped! :lol: It has been a while since we saw you, dude, and it sounds like you've gone places. What do YOU think your next move should be? Welcome back. :)

lol, I've been very busy with my life, yes, it is crazy! Hopefully 2010 would be better with saving $

Hey, rjr2006, long time and I have never see you around the forum very much lately. There is one advice I could give you is to go to your school or college counselor and she or he will help you where to find good accessible place for you to attend like SoCal. As for the wheelchair repairs, just ask the counselor about that and she or he will make calls for you to find the wheelchair repair shop. I have been to California, but I do not attend colleges there and not know much about important things like you suggest trying to find a place to live and get wheelchair repairs. What about google? It might answer your questions. Hope that help you. :fingersx:

yes, that is what I am doing and CT/CA has same wheelchair company. Of course, I am asking a lot of specific questions especially medicaid over there.

I used to live in rochester ny NTID is one of the best tec schools in the nation , also rochester is very weal chair assessable but good luck getting a job

Hey! :welcome: back. If you feel Gallaudet doesnt provide enough access for people in wheelchairs, my advice would be is to make them. Gallaudet should be very accodomating as it is an university for the deaf so I would be surprised if there was discrimination against people who use wheelchairs. If so, maybe it is time for a change? Up to you.

Confused again... I read that you want to learn to do complex wc repair? Or do you mean that you need access and repair for yourself?

Either way, welcome back! How was your holiday?

Back