stethoscope ideas?

WillKnit

Reaction score
I'm about to meet with voc rehab about new aids and a stethoscope for nursing school. I'm wondering what kind of set up any of you in medical professions use. I have a reverse slope loss so I have the most trouble right in the range of heart sounds, but I have enough hearing to want amplification rather than a visual 'scope. Should I get a stethoscope that itself is amplified and have to remove my aids to use it? Are there ones that can connect to wireless technology in new aids so I don't have to remove them all the time? Is there a way to modify the ear pieces of a regular stethoscope to use it with my aids and not have to get an amplified scope?

I'm about to meet with voc rehab about new aids and a stethoscope for nursing school. I'm wondering what kind of set up any of you in medical professions use. I have a reverse slope loss so I have the most trouble right in the range of heart sounds, but I have enough hearing to want amplification rather than a visual 'scope. Should I get a stethoscope that itself is amplified and have to remove my aids to use it? Are there ones that can connect to wireless technology in new aids so I don't have to remove them all the time? Is there a way to modify the ear pieces of a regular stethoscope to use it with my aids and not have to get an amplified scope?

I would recommend posting this on a nursing forum, asking a nursing student, or asking an audiologist this question. You have a better chance of getting a more accurate response the closer you get to the source. Good luck.

I would recommend posting this on a nursing forum, asking a nursing student, or asking an audiologist this question. You have a better chance of getting a more accurate response the closer you get to the source. Good luck.

He probably stands a better chance here with several deaf medical professional who are members.

He just needs to wait until they show up.

Stethoscope

Check on Ebay... they have listed many different styles on stethoscope with visual display. I have handicapped children and it replaces need to "hear" by simply seeing the display.

Back