Sterilising Fluid and Coloured Ear Molds?

NaidaUP

Reaction score
I used to clean my molds by placing them in sterilising fluid every night. I haven't done this since going back to coloured molds and I'm just wondering if anyone knows if the colour will stay put?

I'm thinking about starting again as I keep getting this sore sport even tho my molds has been shaved 3 times already. Driving me crazy, I'm hoping the sterilising fluid may help.

Might sound silly but I love my coloured ear molds! :)

I just wipe mine with baby wipes every night. My Audi says it isn't necessary to sterilize your molds unless you have problems with ear infections.

As far as your actual question, I don't know if the color would come out, but I very much doubt it. The color is mixed in, it is a solid structure. The mold isn't painted, the mold mix is dyed. So I think you'd be safe.

I have had a earmould fade a bit after being in sterilizing fluid, from purple to light purple but that was over 5 years ago as I have had clear ones since (and CI)

The color shouldn't leach out, but it might crack or fade the material. You especially want to be careful about alcohol. There are sanitizing sprays/ wipes specifically for hearing aids; I've used them for years on all sorts of earmolds with no problems. Your audiologist probably sells something, or you may be able to find something like this online:
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/OakTree-Audiowipes-Disinfectant-Towelettes-Canister/dp/B003E6FFXY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1344900045&sr=8-1&keywords=audiowipes]Amazon.com: Audiowipes Disinfectant Towelettes (Canister): Health & Personal Care[/ame]

Back