stem cell replacement...

I need to wear glasses, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. We don't have sharper/better vision, we pay more attention to what we see, just a little different. I've read that we have better peripheral vision though, but again, that's paying more attention to what we see, not that hearing people can't see well peripherally, they're just don't use it/rely on it as much.

I didn't mean 20/20 vision.... I meant that our visual sense is a lot stronger then hearing people's, we use our sight to compensate for the lack of hearing.....

I didn't mean 20/20 vision.... I meant that our visual sense is a lot stronger then hearing people's, we use our sight to compensate for the lack of hearing.....

I figured that was what you meant, I must have been feeling tired and nit picky last night. Sorry :(

Have you not heard of the Disabilty Rights way of thinking? This is a theory that it's not the actual condition that causes inequality.....rather it's man made and cultural barriers that causes inequality.
A person in a wheelchair is stuck in an enviorment with steps and no curb cuts, and high shelves, and other inqualites. But if you modify those things (with curb cuts, grab bars etc) then they are independent and not disabled.....Yes, my body doesn't have the abilty to hear, BUT I can and do adapt to it very well......I can't hear, but I don't see myself as being hearing impaired, just like the way I can't be attracted to men, but I don't see myself as being straight impaired.

Not a good comparison, I believe what you are trying to state is that if slaves of Egypt out numbered non-slaves, they would still be a minority. This would be a fair assessment in terms of cultural deficiencies and monetary power, point taken.

However, regardless of whether you see yourself as a minority, it is a fact you and I can't escape.

Because it is a harder more dangerous life; you're more likely to have a violent experience, more likely not to get a good job, more likely to not get as many dates, more likely not to have as many friends, the list goes on. A cure won't solve all your problems, but I'd rather have the choice. So, I think it's a good thing we have a choice in our lives.

I have been deaf for 40+ years, and there are only 3 bad things about being deaf in the hearing world (based on my experience, of course....:roll: ):

1) You have to work ten times harder to get a good paying job

2) Hearing people make you feel like shit when you misunderstand them

3) It is a very lonely world when you are the only deaf person for miles

I can't say it is a more dangerous lifestyle, though, however, deaf people need to be more alert as to what is going on around them.

Because it is a harder more dangerous life; you're more likely to have a violent experience, more likely not to get a good job, more likely to not get as many dates, more likely not to have as many friends, the list goes on. A cure won't solve all your problems, but I'd rather have the choice. So, I think it's a good thing we have a choice in our lives.

I think your attitude needs to focus on positive vibes, just saying.

by the way, what you said, its based on your OWN experience, not everyone who is in the same shoes as you.

Last edited:
green427 said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by VacationGuy234

I have been deaf for 40+ years, and there are only 3 bad things about being deaf in the hearing world (based on my experience, of course.... ):

1) You have to work ten times harder to get a good paying job

2) Hearing people make you feel like
shit when you misunderstand them

3) It is a very lonely world when you are the only deaf person for miles

I can't say it is a more dangerous lifestyle, though, however, deaf people need to be more alert as to what is going on around them.
i completly agree with you...i am going through above all 3 conditions

Posted from Alldeaf.com App for Android

i completly agree with you...i am going through above all 3 conditions

And, it is going to be like that for the rest of your life. You need to adapt as much as possible so that it is not always a negative experience.

The world is not going to change for you...you need to learn how to adapt to the hearing world. No, it is not easy.

Back