STD's / AIDS

samne thing with anthrax (medical name is bacillus anthracis) - cows get that disease .... then peepz kill cows - peepz get the anthrax

Reminds me of the BSE scare in England (BSE = Bovine Springiform Ephalicis (sp)) or better known as Mad Cow Disease.

How do you contract AIDS? The blood, vaginal fluid, and breast milk of people infected with HIV has enough of the virus in it to infect other people. For example, you could contract AIDS from sharing a dildo with an infected lady

I have heard in began animal has fiv as hiv, that how the ingorant people who tried to sex with. there is already mess up the world whom ended up to carry and transmit the diease from the illness animal to another in the very beginning. that why its fucking fast spread out as speed bullet across the world. you better watch out! :shock: in the case:just a smiple practice sex safe!!:thumb:

I remmy the old story.. AIDS cause by the man who accident ate monkey which it have bad diease.

STD is different than AIDS. *shrug*

Any follow up facts? I'm still curious about how STD started from nothing.

kuifje75 said:
I did a little research and here are a few theories:

Researches have found that HIV is similar to SIV in simian monkeys. They say that the virus may have transmitted by men killing simian monkeys and eating their meat for food. Then SIV got in their bodies and became HIV.

Another theory is that it crossed species from monkey to humans through medical experiments on monkeys.

When was the first HIV discovered? This page http://www.avert.org/origins.htm said that first case could possibly be traced to 1940s and 1950s.

The origins is still not clear, and we will probably never know.

Reasons why it spread so fast in 70s and 80s? International travel, blood industry and drug use.

You can read more on this link. Its interesting to read.

Yeah. you are right about this.. i did some research myself also. scary to know there are many many many HIV postive around here in this world! u never know who has it or not... just be careful .. no offensive whoever has it...

ChelEler said:
How would a woman and a woman get AIDS from each other? They don't have AIDS before until there. How does that happen?

AIDS does not magically appear in humans - in order to be infected, one must be in contact with another infected person either by blood-to-blood contact, some types of sexual contacts, or in-vitro (mother to fetus). As far as I know, there have been no documented cases in woman-to-woman transmission by a purely sexual route.

ChelEler said:
How about a man and a man? Do they get AIDS from fucking each other's asses?

AIDS tends to be a disease of repeated exposure, requiring transmission directly to blood stream. During even a gentle act of anal sex, the rectum and anus can be stretched or torn so as to provide an easier trasmission route from the "giving" partner to the "receiving" partner. Keep in mind, the rectum is also designed to absorb fluid from the intestinal tract back into the body. Not to be too graphic, but if it didn't do this, your feces would be as liquified as vomit. Because the rectum is in an active state of absorption, it is believed that this increases the rate at which harmful microbes can be drawn into the body - not just the AIDS virus, but Herpes, Hepatitis and several other STD's.

ChelEler said:
Any follow up facts? I'm still curious about how STD started from nothing.
First of all, do not confuse STD with AIDS. STD stands for "Sexually Transmitted Disease(s)" - AIDS is only one of many diseases that can be, but is not always, sexually transmitted. There are MANY other kinds of STD besides AIDS, some of which are much more common.

AIDS is a syndrome caused by a virus. The virus is called HIV which is short for Human Immunodeficiency Virus. Though I cannot tell you exactly how the very first virus in the world came to be, I can tell you that MANY diseases of humans and animals are caused by many different viruses. Herpes is caused by a virus. Chicken Pox is caused by a virus. The common cold and the flu are caused by viruses. What we know about viruses in general is that they constantly evolve as new hosts become available, and as existing hosts develop immunity. It is believed HIV evolved from a very similar virus called SIV found in several types of primates (monkies). As primates developed immunity to SIV, and as humans had close contact with these primates through hunting, etc. - SIV was forced to mutate in order to survive. The simple answer is that AIDS (HIV) did not spring from nowhere.

I have seen this link posted in this and other related threads several times, but it is clear that many people have chosen not to go here and read about the history of AIDS. But, I will post it again. http://www.avert.org/origins.htm

FitnessGuru said:
How do you contract AIDS? The blood, vaginal fluid, and breast milk
Your forgot to mention SEMEN. Semen is MUCH MORE LIKELY to transmit HIV than Vaginal Fluid or Breast Milk.

HIV is spread by sexual contact with an infected person, by sharing needles and/or syringes (primarily for drug injection) with someone who is infected, or, less commonly (and now very rarely in countries where blood is screened for HIV antibodies), through transfusions of infected blood or blood clotting factors. Babies born to HIV-infected women may become infected before or during birth or through breast-feeding after birth. http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/pubs/facts/transmission.htm

FitnessGuru said:
For example, you could contract AIDS from sharing a dildo with an infected lady
There is no reason to believe this is even a remote threat. I would worry far more about a fungal infection from a source like this than HIV. Please study the facts before making outrageous, alarmist claims like this.

Scientists and medical authorities agree that HIV does not survive well in the environment, making the possibility of environmental transmission remote. HIV is found in varying concentrations or amounts in blood, semen, vaginal fluid, breast milk, saliva, and tears. (See page 3, Saliva, Tears, and Sweat.) To obtain data on the survival of HIV, laboratory studies have required the use of artificially high concentrations of laboratory-grown virus. Although these unnatural concentrations of HIV can be kept alive for days or even weeks under precisely controlled and limited laboratory conditions, CDC studies have shown that drying of even these high concentrations of HIV reduces the amount of infectious virus by 90 to 99 percent within several hours. Since the HIV concentrations used in laboratory studies are much higher than those actually found in blood or other specimens, drying of HIV-infected human blood or other body fluids reduces the theoretical risk of environmental transmission to that which has been observed--essentially zero. Incorrect interpretation of conclusions drawn from laboratory studies have unnecessarily alarmed some people.http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/pubs/facts/transmission.htm

The other important factor in HIV's spread (beyond risky sexual behavior, which is not the sole province of gay men) is blood-based medicine. Because of the way blood products - used in transfusion, haemophilia medication, etc - is made, one contaminated vial can ruin a whole batch. Back in the 70s and 80s, we didn't know to test blood for HIV, and then for a long time, we didn't have any way to test for HIV.

Now, donated blood is thoroughly tested and completely safe. But due to the way the medicines are made, and the amount of times that haemophiliacs need to inject each day, almost every haemophiliac who was around in the 70s or 80s is HIV+.

There are other epidemiological vectors involved - for example, crystal meth not only makes you physiologically more vulnerable to infection, but the temporary psychological changes (feelings of invulnerability, heightened libido, etc) make it highly correlated with HIV transmission. That's just one example, and there are many more.

Anyone who would like honest answers on AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases, contraception and pregnancy, or sexuality in general from a trained counselor is welcome to PM me, send me an IM in aim, or e-mail me. I will answer any questions directly, and your questions will be absolutley private.

ismi said:
The other important factor in HIV's spread is blood-based medicine.
I believe that continuing to describe this as an ongoing important factor is misleading at best.

Some people have been infected through a transfusion of infected blood. In most countries, however, all the blood used for transfusions is now tested for HIV. In those countries where the blood has been tested, HIV infection through blood transfusions is now extremely rare. Blood products, such as those used by people with haemophilia, are now heat-treated to make them safe.http://www.avert.org/faq1.htm#q21

However, you make an EXCELLENT point about how drug/alcohol use can play a part in the easy transmission of STD's (and that risky sex is not the exclusive domain of Gay men.) Bravo! I wish more people would talk about this. Thank you.

MorriganTait said:
I believe that continuing to describe this as an ongoing important factor is misleading at best.

Sorry, I phrased that poorly. It's absolutely correct that contaminated blood medicine is no longer dangerous. What I was trying to say was that the particular nature of blood-based medicine helped spread HIV quickly when it first became a problem, and that was one of the factors that let it get out of control so quickly (because it created a huge population of carriers who didn't fit the assumed profile). HIV was identified first as GRID: Gay Related Immuno Disease, because it was first noticed in gay men (though it existed elsewhere). This assumption that it was a gay men's health problem really hampered our understanding of how to prevent its spread. So the current magnitude of the HIV problem is due in part to the problem in the past of contaminated blood.

"Blood", by Douglas Starr, is a fascinating book about how our understanding of both blood and medicine in general have grown since centuries ago, and it includes quite a bit of information on the beginnings of HIV as well.

MorriganTait said:
Anyone who would like honest answers on AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases, contraception and pregnancy, or sexuality in general from a trained counselor is welcome to PM me, send me an IM in aim, or e-mail me. I will answer any questions directly, and your questions will be absolutley private.
I'm curious, how come you know so much about this? I know about AIDS, STDs, etc, but not that deep. What motivate you to research this?

HIV/AIDS and STDS

Both came from having Sex with Animals :jaw: As for getting Aids by two men having sex that is wrong. They cant get it if they dont have it i think it is the same with STD's . And people say that Aids started because of Gays lol and i think that is just stupid. I BLAME PREHISTORIC MAN LOL just because they couldnt pull a girl They had an urge to "have fun" with animals lol Monkeys, Gorillazs, fish :jaw: lol. just my opinion.

Cats have a similar disease called FIV (Feline immunodeficiency virus) but it doesn't kill the cat. Simian's (monkeys) have the same kind of virus. It could simply be something as easily as a human getting bit or scratched by a monkey (or eating the meat of one) that was infected and the virus mutating (as viruses are wont to do) and there you have it.

Look at Avian Flu - its a bird virus but it can kill people. Species-crossing diseases are very common. Same thing goes for SARS - it was traced back to infected civit cats that were sold in markets in Asia. Then there's Mad Cow(bovine encephalitis) that can kill people as well...

I think that EDUCATION is the most important thing. My two college rommates thought you could get HIV by shaking hands with somebody who was infected, or even using the same toilet/shower.

Back