Starting up another VRS

deafaussie

Reaction score
Hello,

I wonder what are the required steps and processes to start another VRS company?

What are the basic configuration allowing the videophone to work(preferably Apple) and software being used for accounting, reporting to FCC and handling video calls?

Viable, I believe was the VRS that was started up recently.

Just a suggestion, deafaussie... contacting Dr. Ed Bosson probably would be your bet for advice on starting your own VRS. Dr. Bosson is well-known as the 'Father of VRS.'

His blog address is EdsAlert.com and his contact info can be found on the site.

Just a suggestion, deafaussie... contacting Dr. Ed Bosson probably would be your bet for advice on starting your own VRS. Dr. Bosson is well-known as the 'Father of VRS.'

Ed retired last week

Hello,

I wonder what are the required steps and processes to start another VRS company?

What are the basic configuration allowing the videophone to work(preferably Apple) and software being used for accounting, reporting to FCC and handling video calls?

Viable, I believe was the VRS that was started up recently.

get certified by FCC

Thank you so much and I will follow up on that site.

get certified by FCC

yes, that is right and is aware of it. I had some discussions with FCC and got some reading materials provided by them. Its quite lengthy and looking like its time to get an attorney to draw up some plans and submit paperwork for certification.

How about you do it in Australia, hmm?

Only if Rudd Government allows 'VRS' to be reimbursed, otherwise don't bother! Few years ago, ACE-NRS was awarded another sole 10 year contract stating Text based TTY service and IP relay is all needed. For other 'Value Added' service such as the Video Relay Service is not endorsed and will not be reimbursed by the Government.

DeafAussie, when did you move to USA?

I moved to USA in July 2005.

Wow. You had moved to USA last three years ago. Why did you move? All of relatives had moved in? Better job than OZ? Do you know how to use ASL?

DeafAussie -- There is a trial of VRS in Melbourne under the Telstra high Speed rollout.

DeafAussie -- There is a trial of VRS in Melbourne under the Telstra high Speed rollout.

That is awesome but only if the Australian government gives the go ahead, shows full support and funds VRS service in Australia. 'Commercially' viable to run on its own just like the ACE-NRS

At the meantime, I can't see anything moving forward as I know of a friend who lives in Adelaide, Australia. He is a member of the telecommunications forum for Australian Association for the Deaf (AAD). You can bank on me.

Back