Starting to Learn ASL

jwells

Reaction score
Hey! I am just starting to learn ASL and I am looking for people to talk to....I live in Missouri and I just thought it would really fun to learn ASL. I had just started watching Switched at Birth and saw how cool signing was and made the decision to learn. I would really like to talk to someone who is also learning and maybe meet someone who is near me. :wave:

Hello! You should find lots of company. We have many people who came here with almost exactly your story!

Hey! I am just starting to learn ASL and I am looking for people to talk to....I live in Missouri and I just thought it would really fun to learn ASL. I had just started watching Switched at Birth and saw how cool signing was and made the decision to learn. I would really like to talk to someone who is also learning and maybe meet someone who is near me. :wave:

Hi. Alright, this is kind of strange - you and I are both beginning to learn ASL (I know over 300 signs now), both live in MO, and watch Switched at Birth (well, techinally, my friend is still trying to get my sold on it - once I saw a Deaf girl was in it I freaked out). Are you my twin sister? xDD That was a joke. But seriously, welcome.

Hey I'm 13. I love the show switched at birth, and like you im trying to improve my signs. i know how to sign a whole entire song. I dont live in MO but we could talk as long as u have a webcam

Learning sign language is great, am hard of hearing and also learning. But am from kenya and I have never watched the switched at birth show. What is the show about?

Hey jwells and everyone, am also learning sign language and this is one of the greatest experiences am having in my life. Am heard of hearing from 2008 and I was a little reluctant to learn signing, more because I didn't what I was missing.

I believe we are so many still learning and we could join efforts.

Welcome to AllDeaf.

That's cool you want to learn sign language after being exposed to it by watching the acclaimed TV series "Switched After Birth."

We here all can help you keep that intrigue so don't hesitate to ask us for help! Here's one good place to start picking up sign language:

ASLPro.com Home

Back