Starkey and Surf Link?

ekolto

Reaction score
I'm looking to upgrade my hearing aids. I currently wear an entry level Phonak Audeo that is a couple of years old. I have the icom pilot (older version) and was never really happy with it. For use with a phone the people on the other end could never hear me well and it was a pain wearing the thing all day long.

I had consultation today and saw the Strakey 3 series and the Surflink. Does anyone have one that can report on how well it works? I go to meetings often at work and the ability to use the remote as a remote mic seems interesting. I know that Phonak has similar capabilities with the new neck loop unit too. I like the direct communication capability without the use of the neck loop. The remote also looks much more modern than the $$$ Phonak myPilot I just purchased and with many more features with functionality.

I'm going to do a trial of the new Audeo Q90 and the Starkey 3 series vibrant. However the accessories aren't included in the trial so, I'd like to factor them into my final decision.

Surflink Mobile

I use the Surflink mobile everyday. I use the directional mike in restaurants with my wife, it works great. Other sounds through the aids are muted slightly and my wife's voice comes in clearly.

If you do get a Surflink, the only recommendation I would offer is, if you enjoy the streaming feature (which is what I do mostly, stream an mp3/radio at work) to buy a charge and stream cable. It has to be for the Surflink, not just any 'Y' cable with the right connections will do, I've tried.

You can order a Surflink 'Y' cable on Amazon and eBay, just search for it and you should find them.

Best of luck.

Back