Ssdi Question

Chris2k

Reaction score
Im (born profoundly deaf) expected to receive SSDI (approved) of $2292.80/mo and my wife (born profoundly deaf) $1146.40/mo. Since we have 3 kids (18, 16, and 14) together and they will get the share of $1146.40 which means $286 each of them ((4) – wife and the kids). So my question is if our kids are 19 years old or out of high school will THAT $1146 remain the same for my wife alone?

NOTE: My wife have also received SSI of $336 prior to receiving her first SSDI that is coming pretty soon.

Thanks!

Not sure, but from what I've heard the parent(s) will get less once the dependent turns 18 years old.

Hopefully, someone else will chime in and help answer your question.

Are any of your kids deaf too, if yes they could still SSDI on their SS # once they're over 18 yo. I believe you're correct on this Alex I heard that too about being coming 18 .

Our kids are hearing except one (14), but my specific question is if they are 19 yers old OR out of high school will my wife's $1146 remain the same as if we dont have kids anymore?

Once your kids are 18 years old your wife more than likely will get less money . I asked if any kids were deaf b/c they may be able to get money on their on SS # .
You can find the info you want on the SSDI web site . It will tell what you want to know. If you have any kids are in the 21 year program then that kid may be able to stay on your wife SSDI.
We don't have all facts about your family's case and this doesn't mean I want to tell us . Each case is difference so you really have to talk
to your case worker to get the answers you want.

LOL Im 55 - thank you!
Once your kids are 18 years old your wife more than likely will get less money . I asked if any kids were deaf b/c they may be able to get money on their on SS # .
You can find the info you want on the SSDI web site . It will tell what you want to know. If you have any kids are in the 21 year program then that kid may be able to stay on your wife SSDI.
We don't have all facts about your family's case and this doesn't mean I want to tell us . Each case is difference so you really have to talk
to your case worker to get the answers you want.

Yeah, appreciate it! Thank you!

Back