SS checks may stop after Oct 17.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Private forum? You gotta to be kidding!

kidding? you should know that First Amendment does not apply to private establishments. The Constitution only protects you from the government.... not private citizens.

I'm surprised you didn't know this....

it's really amazing that Tea Party is solely responsible for this fiasco... holding this entire nation as a hostage.

Mexican standoff - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A Mexican standoff is most precisely a confrontation among three opponents armed with guns. The tactics for such a confrontation are substantially different than for a duel, where the first to shoot has the advantage. In a confrontation among three mutually hostile participants, the first to shoot is at a tactical disadvantage. If opponent A shoots opponent B, then while so occupied, opponent C can shoot A, thus winning the conflict. Since it is the second opponent to shoot that has the advantage, no one wants to go first.

In popular usage, the Mexican standoff is sometimes used to refer to confrontations with only two opponents when neither side has an advantage in conceding property or by attacking first. Discussions of the Soviet Union – United States nuclear confrontation during the Cold War frequently used the term, specifically in reference to the Cuban Missile Crisis of 1962. The key element that makes such situations Mexican standoffs is the very close equality in power among all involved.[1] The inability for any one party to advance their position safely is a condition common to any standoff; in a Mexican standoff, there is additionally no safe way for any party to withdraw from their position, making the standoff effectively permanent.

I do tire of the blame game ...

The government shutdown will end very soon after our president sign the bill into law.

The government cannot afford Obamacare. They couldn't even have an operable website when they decided to open it to the public.

Now, you will stuck with Obamacare.

What's great opportunity!

Awww! Daily Kos Scribe Whines That Obamacare Sent His Premiums Soaring | NewsBusters

Yay!
Originally Posted by Daily Kos Loser
My wife and I just got our updates from Kaiser telling us what our 2014 rates will be. Her monthly has been $168 this year, mine $150. (emphasis added, and throughout). We have a high deductible. We are generally healthy people who don't go to the doctor often. I barely ever go. The insurance is in case of a major catastrophe.

Well, now, because of Obamacare, my wife's rate is gong (sic) to $302 per month and mine is jumping to $284.

I am canceling insurance for us and I am not paying any f***ing penalty. What the hell kind of reform is this?

Oh, ok, if we qualify, we can get some government assistance. Great. So now I have to jump through another hoop to just chisel some of this off. And we don't qualify, anyway, so what's the point?

I never felt too good about how this was passed and what it entailed, but I figured if it saved Americans money, I could go along with it.

I don't know what to think now. This appears, in my experience, to not be a reform for the people.

:giggle::giggle::giggle:

You voted for him twice, you voted for those who passed that legislation - you got the government you deserved.

As for me, I am not signing up for Obamacare, nor will I ever pay any government imposed "fine". Any attempt to do so will get a violent response from me and mine.

Sure, you will get hurt and hospitalized and you WILL pay for every penny these greedy doctors going to charge you. Guess you can afford very high medical bills, have fun!

Awww! Daily Kos Scribe Whines That Obamacare Sent His Premiums Soaring | NewsBusters

Yay!

You voted for him twice, you voted for those who passed that legislation - you got the government you deserved.

As for me, I am not signing up for Obamacare, nor will I ever pay any government imposed "fine". Any attempt to do so will get a violent response from me and mine.

Yay!

Well, you will require to have a health insurance or you will have to pay tax penalty.

Refuse to pay tax penalty? Good luck with IRS and I can't help you if you are in crisis; however, I think you are just talk, talk, talk - it means you already have a health insurance.

Sure, you will get hurt and hospitalized and you WILL pay for every penny these greedy doctors going to charge you. Guess you can afford very high medical bills, have fun!

I guess that he could driven into bankruptcy over excessive medical debt.

You can't just say you're "not" going to pay the penalty, they take it directly out of your income taxes. There's no "I'm not paying this" it's just taken from your taxes. Please tell me how these people who "refuse to carry insurance or pay a fine" will avoid having their tax checks seized? It's not like you can call the IRS and say "Um, you're not taking my taxes or ELSE!" What are these people Reeeeeaally going to be able to do about it? Nothing. Period. It's amusing to me these people who are refusing to carry health care and then say "I won't pay a fine either!" :laugh2: You don't have a CHOICE! It will be taken from your taxes by the IRS, who GIVES YOU YOUR TAXES! Dur dur dur dur dur..... I already have healthcare, so I really don't care honestly, my stuff isn't really changing. I understand people who support it, and I understand the people who don't. I can see both sides and why they would or wouldn't support Obamacare, every person has their own reasons.... and I can see that. However, saying you're not paying the fee and you're not carrying insurance is stupid, you can't avoid it. Again, what are you going to do? Threaten the IRS? :laugh2: Please, you'll just have to deal with it..... that's how it is.

Problem is, in Obamacare when it comes to paying tax if refusing buy health insurance, IRS can not forfeit anything on unpaid taxes on that amount of penalty. It is already written clearly on the Obamacare act. The rest, IRS can do whatever they see fit.

This is reason why I don't think it is right for him to do so if in the event he needs medical care and no insurance coverage and that cost could be skyrocket, and guess who pay for him after all? He is the one who really took advantage of the system. Shame on him.

You can't just say you're "not" going to pay the penalty, they take it directly out of your income taxes. There's no "I'm not paying this" it's just taken from your taxes. Please tell me how these people who "refuse to carry insurance or pay a fine" will avoid having their tax checks seized? It's not like you can call the IRS and say "Um, you're not taking my taxes or ELSE!" What are these people Reeeeeaally going to be able to do about it? Nothing. Period. It's amusing to me these people who are refusing to carry health care and then say "I won't pay a fine either!" :laugh2: You don't have a CHOICE! It will be taken from your taxes by the IRS, who GIVES YOU YOUR TAXES! Dur dur dur dur dur..... I already have healthcare, so I really don't care honestly, my stuff isn't really changing. I understand people who support it, and I understand the people who don't. I can see both sides and why they would or wouldn't support Obamacare, every person has their own reasons.... and I can see that. However, saying you're not paying the fee and you're not carrying insurance is stupid, you can't avoid it. Again, what are you going to do? Threaten the IRS? :laugh2: Please, you'll just have to deal with it..... that's how it is.

<yawn> see you again in January.

Good luck with 2014 election.

I will not very surprised about massive Tea Party loss.

but I don't think you are really serious.

Two States are already exempt from obamacare.

more to continue ...

Two States are already exempt from obamacare.

more to continue ...

Not really, it only applies to state government (usually about Medicaid), not you and you are bounded by federal law - it means you have to follow the federal law about mandatory insurance.

I haven't been able to locate any states that are exempt from Obamacare. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back