Sprint Relay - HTC EVO 4G

Test on EVO's youtube with CC [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLXfSTk3yxM&hd=1[/ame]

Last edited:
*surprised*... congrats!... if you buy an EVO at local Sprint store. you got kidding? that is expensive price plan around $120 monthly than Sprint Relay Store online ($29.99+$10)

Nah. What I did with Samsung Moment, I bought it from Sprint store with their data plan which was $68 something (I wasnt really paying attention but saw the glimpse of it). Then the next day, I emailed Sprintrelaystore sale manager to fix it for me. He fixed Data plan back to $30 a month for me just in less than half hour. Few weeks later, I returned Samsung Moment and re-activated my old BB Curve, Sprintrelaystore manager fixed it again in a jiffy lol.

Now with Evo, I have to call Sprintrelaystore to fix it for me. The Sprint store mess my data plan because they activated my Evo for me that I had problem activating it. So I can just ask Sprintrelaystore sale manager to fix it back to $47 ($39.99 plus $7 insurance).

Catty

Nah. What I did with Samsung Moment, I bought it from Sprint store with their data plan which was $68 something (I wasnt really paying attention but saw the glimpse of it). Then the next day, I emailed Sprintrelaystore sale manager to fix it for me. He fixed Data plan back to $30 a month for me just in less than half hour. Few weeks later, I returned Samsung Moment and re-activated my old BB Curve, Sprintrelaystore manager fixed it again in a jiffy lol.

Now with Evo, I have to call Sprintrelaystore to fix it for me. The Sprint store mess my data plan because they activated my Evo for me that I had problem activating it. So I can just ask Sprintrelaystore sale manager to fix it back to $47 ($39.99 plus $7 insurance).

Catty

There is 4G in Kansas City?

Catty

When i got EVO from sprint relay store. I read a label on cover EVO. "please activate in your sprint account". I log in sprint account and try to activate it.... Oh, I'm wrong that for hearing only as voice plan. Yes, I confused and mistake..

I called (videophone) sprintrelaystore for activate my EVO with serial numbers. They activated my EVO and that's it.

4G network towers are not ready in Los Angeles area until 2011.. grr!

When i got EVO from sprint relay store. I read a label on cover EVO. "please activate in your sprint account". I log in sprint account and try to activate it.... Oh, I'm wrong that for hearing only as voice plan. Yes, I confused and mistake..

I called (videophone) sprintrelaystore for activate my EVO with serial numbers. They activated my EVO and that's it.

4G network towers are not ready in Los Angeles area until 2011.. grr!

I happened to see this on a community website for Sprint:
4G:Question for Sprint: 4G in Los Angeles

I've got 4G in both L.A. and Kansas City, and even Milwaukee two weeks ago. Thing is, MKE isn't on the 4G list, so I was confused as heck when I was there. But, hey, 4G is 4G!

I created background in my EVO.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqsM78g2k38&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - HTC EVO 4G - I created live background[/ame]

check city coverage area - 4G Coverage and Speeds

I checked the coverage, I'm in a "spotty" area cuz I live outside of Kansas City. I'm not so lucky..

I can see 4G signal at lake area a block from my home. But if I go downtown Shawnee, KS, east from where I live. 4G signal are strong. It's just less than 3 min drive. I'm kinda in a "Donut hole" because good 4G signal are encircled around about 1 or 2 miles radius while I have strong 3G in the middle of the area!!! It sucks!!

I know 4G will eventually cover soon. Because Cellular tower is 800 feet from where I live.

Catty

There is 4G in Kansas City?

Yes, KC area have 'em. Because Sprint World Headquarter located in Overland Park just barely close to Leawood, KS area. It's in upscale area. It's a big Sprint complex.

Catty

Yes, KC area have 'em. Because Sprint World Headquarter located in Overland Park just barely close to Leawood, KS area. It's in upscale area. It's a big Sprint complex.

Catty

you know what? you said that EVO sold out but, other color white back cover EVO is coming soon at Best Buy.

Amazing close up shots with magnetic lenses for EVO.
Review: Magnetic macro lens for HTC EVO 4G

6a00d83451c9ec69e20133f0583245970b-800wi
6a00d83451c9ec69e201348381d258970c-800wi

There were quite of hype in the northeastern Florida about the HTC EVO which in fact some deaf people were buying not realizing that there are no 4G available in the state of Florida at all which surprised me bit. So it would be useless for the Floridians and some other states as well.

So just beware of it before you or anyone consider to buy it.

Check 4G coverage by state(s) at: 4G Coverage and Speeds

(you would immediately notice how few places that Sprint 4G covers)

There were quite of hype in the northeastern Florida about the HTC EVO which in fact some deaf people were buying not realizing that there are no 4G available in the state of Florida at all which surprised me bit. So it would be useless for the Floridians and some other states as well.

So just beware of it before you or anyone consider to buy it.

Check 4G coverage by state(s) at: 4G Coverage and Speeds

(you would immediately notice how few places that Sprint 4G covers)

I live in Los Angeles area. 4G network towers will launch by 2011. Sprint 4G lights up in Los Angeles, but only temporarily just add $10 monthly for 4G network coverage area with $29.99 unlimited data plan.

Miami, Florida will launch 4G by 2011. Also, Verizon's 4G network will launch soon and then AT&T will launch LTE towers (4G network),

Or you want iPhone 4 with 3G coverage for just 200MB TAP data plan $35 monthly (no unlimited) for your budget.

I live in Los Angeles area. 4G network towers will launch by 2011. Sprint 4G lights up in Los Angeles, but only temporarily just add $10 monthly for 4G network coverage area with $29.99 unlimited data plan.

Miami, Florida will launch 4G by 2011. Also, Verizon's 4G network will launch soon and then AT&T will launch LTE towers (4G network),

Or you want iPhone 4 with 3G coverage for just 200MB TAP data plan $35 monthly (no unlimited) for your budget.

I've seen some blog comments already talk about 4G coverage in L.A., and Sprint's recent press release showed a commitment to 4G in LA, NY and Miami by the end of 2010.

Als, Clearwire coverage shows coming soon for Orlando, Tampa, Jacksonville, and Daytona Beach - I betcha Sprint won't be far behind!
CLEAR | 4G WiMAX Internet Coverage Map with Service Area.

Back