sprint deaf plan. calling?

bbaseballboy123

Reaction score
A friend told me about this a while ago and never really looked into it until my bro got an iphone and it really caught my attention because my zunehd was stolen recently and my phone is from 2008 age lol.

Obviously with my implant, i can hear so I use the voice feature on my cell quite a bit.

Besides the unlimited data, does the sprint deaf plan NOT allow calling? I need voice as part of the plan but it seems like its only data with no voice.
if so, is there a way to get a data plan and voice within deaf discount?

EDIT I didnt research this deep enough lol. Sorry, it seems like there IS a voice deaf plan

I don't think you need deaf plan, since you're dependent on voice

why not take advantage of the deaf plan if youre deaf ;)

doesnt matter anyway since they do have a voice/data deaf plan, but its for more $$

It's not for people who can talk on the phone. People who can't speak are also eligible.

So the accessibility plans are for people who can not use the phone in the standard manner.

You don't qualify if you can. Of course if you can get a paper from your audiologist saying that you can't, you can still have it.

It's not for people who can talk on the phone. People who can't speak are also eligible.

So the accessibility plans are for people who can not use the phone in the standard manner.

You don't qualify if you can. Of course if you can get a paper from your audiologist saying that you can't, you can still have it.

I understand the point of the deaf plan, for those who dont need voice at all and use data portation of the phone. I understand that, but for someone like me who uses both features (dont have data at the moment, but would use if if i did).

I'm pretty sure I can qualify for this: Phones with Select Voice Plans - Sprint Relay Store

Its both data and voice for those HOH/deaf with hearing aids or implants as you notice they mention "Hearing Aid Compatible Rating".

So what I am trying to do, is use my deafness to get a discount. lol.

For Sprint Relay, in order to get deaf package, they will required you have actual videophone and will make the verify that you're deaf.

I dont get it. the prices look about the same for those who are hearing. I think hearing plan is cheaper esp. if you have more then one person on plan. The ONLY reason to stay on deaf plan which is data only plan is all phones on data only then its cheaper, it doesnt matter how you cut and dry it.

I drew out a scenerio plan with data only, shared everything, etc... its just cheaper to use internet phone and data only pager as a combo.

For Sprint Relay, in order to get deaf package, they will required you have actual videophone and will make the verify that you're deaf.

What about deaf or HoH whoever are new signer or use oral language?

Since I am late deaf and my signing nor my hearing is good I use a combo. I use P3 for video phone, IP relay and can text there too. I also use Virgin Mobile for texts, emails, paging and can get my Purple mail on there with Purple Mail ap. My P3 is free. My VM phone is only 25 a month. PAH!!!
Saved money (lots) and did not need to use deaf plan. Deaf plan was much more expensive for me anyway. The deaf plan was 39.99 last I did check, and that was without fees or taxes. I was told from a friend that in all that they pay about 50 per month with deaf plan. (??)
Best thing for me with VM is that there is no contract at all. Yay.
Downside is that there are only 3G phones. Here in our area we do not have 4G service anyway so no matter for that. I have a nice android, it is quick and has lots of fun aps too.
Sprint owns VM so not much difference for me except COST. lol

Back