Spring Awakening

slilly25

Reaction score
If anybody is interested or heard about spring awakening on Broadway it has a mostly deaf cast but there are a few hearing actors, but most importantly it incorporates sign language for all deaf people. My fiancee loved the show!

i saw the news about that. glad your fiancee enjoyed it!

but you do not have any intro here...why are you on AD?

why does every new member have to have an intro? I hardly ever do that in any forum I am a member of...

I've been following Spring Awakening and would love to go see it(two actresses I love- Marlee Matlin and Camryn Manheim) but I don't think I will be able to :(.

I have a FB friend, from my train forum, who went from MN to NYC with friends to see it. He even, egads, flew rather than take the train (didn't have the time for the train). :D

I don't see the benefit of going to plays like this if no one wants to be with me. They're boring for me.

I am older than you and have been single for well... all the time. I don't bother to actively look anymore- doesn't do any good to worry and wonder. If it happens it will happen. So have made peace with doing stuff alone- in fact I actually don't mind/like to do stuff by myself like wandering the mall or going to a play/movie. Am not at the mercy of others with me all the time :).

Now if I were in Chicago maybe I'd tag along but I think you would prefer a female (there's one I know in Texas who has been wishing all year for a "special someone" and will be wishing/posting on FB all next year too...).

Hang in there.

why does every new member have to have an intro? I hardly ever do that in any forum I am a member of...

I've been following Spring Awakening and would love to go see it(two actresses I love- Marlee Matlin and Camryn Manheim) but I don't think I will be able to :(.
I know I was devastated when I heard they are eding this month. I really wanted to go see it. Also Martin is a queen and a wonderful woman!

Matlin* autocorrect [emoji21]

I have some friends from here who will fly to NY real soon and see, I think, the last show on Broadway and then its my understanding they will take this show on the road so maybe you can plan on seeing it in your area......

I have some friends from here who will fly to NY real soon and see, I think, the last show on Broadway and then its my understanding they will take this show on the road so maybe you can plan on seeing it in your area......
I've read that they are planning to tour. I don't recall if they have a set list of cities yet or not but will watch for it in the newsletter I'm subscribed to. Thanks for reminding me about that!

I don't see the benefit of going to plays like this if no one wants to be with me. They're boring for me.

I use to go to movies by myself and would had gone more often if I could hear it better . This is one way of meeting people too going out to plays or movies . Do you like to read , if so there should a book club for deaf and hoh people .

I saw this on Dec 26th. It was really cool that even with the show being opened for so long a large percentage of the crowd that day was Deaf. Overall it was an enjoyable experience; however, both my hearing family and I found the first half of the story a bit confusing. The second half was much more fluid. It was neat to see my brother-in-law, who I have never seen try to sign before, playing around with some of the signs he picked up from the show.

Tomorrow, My Syracuse girlfriends and I will check out the ASL Slam tomorrow night. Then we will attend to the spring awakening. We all can't wait to paint the city SO red! :D

Back