Sports?

FeistyChick

Reaction score
another thing that concerns me... i know that we are allowed to do/play sports... but are there some limitations???

because i was told by a close friend that you can't play certain sports such as football, baseball, etc... because if you get "hit" on the head where your IMPLANT is in, it is VERY PAINFUL and can be deadly?

i was interested in joining the WALLYBALL team for fun... now that i think about this??? is it safe? cuz I KNOW FOR SURE THAT I DO NOT TOLERATE PAIN VERY WELL! :D

any suggestions??? :fingersx:

You should be able to play volleyball with no problems. Just be aware where everybody is and the ball too! :D

There are no guarantees in life and just do the best you can and manage risk appropriately. In another words, avoid the heavy contact sports unless wearing appropriate protection and you should be fine.

You should be able to play volleyball with no problems. Just be aware where everybody is and the ball too! :D

There are no guarantees in life and just do the best you can and manage risk appropriately. In another words, avoid the heavy contact sports unless wearing appropriate protection and you should be fine.

it is not volleyball, it is WALLYBALL... that is supposed to be similar to volleyball... we wanted to check it out :D

did you ever try it? or even play volleyball? :hmm:

it is not volleyball, it is WALLYBALL... that is supposed to be similar to volleyball... we wanted to check it out :D

did you ever try it? or even play volleyball? :hmm:

Er...sorry, I misread that! :Oops:

No, I never tried wallyball but it is a variation of rachetball in my mind. I have played volleyball numerous times but it has been a while.

Er...sorry, I misread that! :Oops:

No, I never tried wallyball but it is a variation of rachetball in my mind. I have played volleyball numerous times but it has been a while.

that's alright dude, i tend to read fast and overlook things too! :D :angel:

yea- that's what i was told too... a combination of volleyball and raquetball... hopefully that will answer monkey girl's question! :D

Isn't there some kind of hear gear you could wear to protect yourself? I ski, motorcycle, sail, skate and wear helmets.(get funny looks at times). I did give up water skiing tho. I haven't had problems since being implanted almost 6 yrs ago. I did need to refit after going bilateral.

What is wallyball?

Wallyball is very similar to volleyball, I believe the ball is blue instead of white, I've played that before, It's fun! it's indoor sport on a racquetball or squash court. :thumb:

FeistyChick, I would be more careful if I were you, just don't fall flat on your face or head, and watch the ball avoid getting hit in the head. ;)

Well, my friends did get hurt when they had CI which got CI when they was young, right now they are in their 20's.. But my best friend who got CI when she was 15 years old, right now she's 22 years old. But didn't complain about hurt at all, she's playing few sports with me since I'm very fan of sports... So, maybe you will be fine? Or you could dicussion with more people who had CI? Or your doctor or whoever that could dicussion withy ou more about it and give you best advice? Just suggest?

Wallyball is very similar to volleyball, I believe the ball is blue instead of white, I've played that before, It's fun! it's indoor sport on a racquetball or squash court. :thumb:

FeistyChick, I would be more careful if I were you, just don't fall flat on your face or head, and watch the ball avoid getting hit in the head. ;)

yea- i know :lol:
is the ball hard or soft??

i'm sure you can play any sports, as long you play wisely..
since you recently got implanted.. you should give a little bit more time for it to heal inside.

i have CI and i play plenty of sports such as ATV, volleyball, jet ski, water ski, and list goes on.

we played wallyball last friday... it was a LOT OF FUN!!! :D- the ball is a lot softer than a volleyball... whew!!! although, i almost got hit in the head :eek: with the ball when someone threw it at me to serve while i wasn't looking as we were "moving" to different "standing" places on the court if you guys know what i mean... i told everyone to please wait until the person arrives to the "serving" place and is ready to be served, then thrown the ball at them! :lol:-- everyone was great about it! it turns out that there were 3 other CIers there as well! :thumb:

they thought i was "NUTS" for playing TOO SOON!??? :dunno:

we played wallyball last friday... it was a LOT OF FUN!!! :D- the ball is a lot softer than a volleyball... whew!!! although, i almost got hit in the head :eek: with the ball when someone threw it at me to serve while i wasn't looking as we were "moving" to different "standing" places on the court if you guys know what i mean... i told everyone to please wait until the person arrives to the "serving" place and is ready to be served, then thrown the ball at them! :lol:-- everyone was great about it! it turns out that there were 3 other CIers there as well! :thumb:

they thought i was "NUTS" for playing TOO SOON!??? :dunno:

Er...I would agree with them. You just had surgery about two months ago. I'm sure you probably don't realize that you are still healing inside and you want to make sure the implant is "snug as a bug in the rug". I would say that four to six months afterwards is a better time to venture into sports and later the more contact it has in the activity. I don't consider wallyball a "contact" sport but accidents are known to happen.

Just my two cents...

Er...I would agree with them. You just had surgery about two months ago. I'm sure you probably don't realize that you are still healing inside and you want to make sure the implant is "snug as a bug in the rug". I would say that four to six months afterwards is a better time to venture into sports and later the more contact it has in the activity. I don't consider wallyball a "contact" sport but accidents are known to happen.

Just my two cents...

the doctor gave me the "OK" to play and also to work out too??? :confused:
i hate feeling "sluggish" and gaining weight! :squint:

the doctor gave me the "OK" to play and also to work out too??? :confused:
i hate feeling "sluggish" and gaining weight! :squint:

Oh, I'm quite sure you did that and I didn't mean to imply you were reckless. :D

I tend to err on the side of caution and make sure there are no complications. It just isn't worth the risk. I would walk or ride for a while and then go "whole hog".

Each to their own...

Back