spoken speech at some Gallaudet ceremony

kristy2078

Reaction score
I was recently thinking about an issue from some years ago, and I think it was Marlee or Whitestone who spoke in English instead of signing at a ceremony/event in Gallaudet. I might be rusty with the details, but I am sure something like this happened. Can anyone fill me in?

Marlee Matlin spoke actors' names at the.Oscars instead of signing them. In my opinion its not a big deal. At least she signed her introduction. By representing deaf people, she represented ALL deaf people, not just the signers.

if you google .See hear it bbc program for deaf,they did full program about gallaudet and i think this was mention...i not sure full web address but go to bbc and follow from that

Marlee Matlin spoke actors' names at the.Oscars instead of signing them. In my opinion its not a big deal. At least she signed her introduction. By representing deaf people, she represented ALL deaf people, not just the signers.

It wasn't the Oscars. It was in front of an audience full (or almost full) of DHH people.

if you google .See hear it bbc program for deaf,they did full program about gallaudet and i think this was mention...i not sure full web address but go to bbc and follow from that

I was able to find the website, but it seems they don't have old episodes available for viewing (maybe not for US residents, I don't know). I will have to look around the internet.

I was able to find the website, but it seems they don't have old episodes available for viewing (maybe not for US residents, I don't know). I will have to look around the internet.

Our deaf member Kokonut has given a spoken oration at Gallaudet . to a dhh audience, for which he had an interpreter. So there's one example of what you are seeking.

Back