Spend wayyy too much time on AD

Lissa

Premium Member
Reaction score
I spend wayyy too much time on AD and watch too much American TV!!!

I subconciously have been picking up American Words

Subconciously I have been calling my mum "Mom". Oooops!! My sister goes "Melissa, Your not american stop saying MOM!!!!!"

I told my sister "Im not saying MOm, Im saying mum"
I dont realise I'm doing it. But if I stop and think and say Mum i do say it LOL
But if i dont think and just want to say Mum and talk about something I say Mom

:giggle:

haha. i, sometimes after watching so much of one program, will copy the dialog.

I tend to speak differently when I hang out with certain people. A totally different drawl and dialect. :shock:

I always call my hubby and kids "Baby"

Went to my mothers house. And said to my mom. "Alright Baby" My mother looked at me and laughed. I turned red. Momma told me I can call her Baby anytime. :giggle:

I am so used to talking to my hubby and kids. That I am so used to saying that.

I do spend a lot of time in AD :giggle: I miss some English comedy shows that used to be seen here. Maybe, if I had cable tv that would work.

I definitely spend a lot of time here. I may be influenced. :dunno:

and i keep picking up american words, damn LOL
oh well, at least i know ill cope in usa if i decide to visit cos i know american words for things!!

what english tv shows do you like

Teach me some English words :) I knew a few :naughty: ok, let's not go there stay clean :giggle:

What englsh words do you wanna know? Ill be happy to tell you

I heard that they changed the Title to a movie. "Free Willy" Because it was offensive in the U.K.

Is that true?

I have no idea!! What's offensive about free willy??? maybe cos its another name for penis? idk?

iv not seen that film for ageeeeeeessssssssss

I have no idea!! What's offensive about free willy??? maybe cos its another name for penis? idk?

iv not seen that film for ageeeeeeessssssssss

That is what they stated.. That is was a another word for penis.

Feel bad for the guys in the U.S.A that is named "Willy" :rofl: Hate to see them go to the U.K.

what did I learn in the past three years, being constantly on AD? EVERYTHING

:giggle::lol:

What are some of the things you learnt on AD?

3 years is a long time :hmm:

DeafLissa90, You must learn American English dialects. :lol:

What is too much time? :giggle:

Actually, I feel that this forum and maybe one other I visit keeps we fairly well informed and grounded :)

Ok, I admit it, If I don't check in at least once a day I feel like I am missing out --- Addicted!

I am permeantly on AD all days on weekends if im not going out. yesterday i got home at 2pm and was on AD till 2.15am

:giggle:

bit addicted arent i?

Back