Spelling or sign for "Spinach" & "Garlic"?

yagazn

Reaction score
Spelling or sign?
I'm trying to look from aslpro.com

Thanks

Peace

Garlic = Right claw hand spins forward from the open mouth. (like garlic breath)

Spinach I only spell.

I'm sorry I had to laugh because that's how you sign for "Garlic".

Thank you Botti.

Peace

I sign garlic with my left hand waving at my mouth to emphasize the potency of garlic itself.

I fingerspell spinach.

Onion= Bent index finger of right hand twists twice in corner of eye like wiping away a tear from the onion.

I have always signed Spinach, with the Y sign, thumb on the chin.

(Popeye's pipe)

I sign onion the same way as Botts signs however spinach is commonly signed as Y thumb on corner of lip to resemble pipe.

I liked that sign popeye's pipe for "spinach".

Thank you Babyblue.
Also Thanks Botti and Mrs. Bucket for the "onion" sign.

:)

I liked that sign popeye's pipe for "spinach".

Thank you Babyblue.
Also Thanks Botti and Mrs. Bucket for the "onion" sign.

:)

Very welcome.

I did not know the sign for Garlic. So I learned a new one as well. :)

You are welcome. Everyone knows how I like to tell people things. ;)

Cool!

So are you going to continue finger spell "spinach" or will you take that as a new sign that you have learned?

Use the new sign. I like to learn too!

Although knowing my family, they may think I am demanding a gold drinking vessel!

Speaking of signs for food... what's the sign for "rice"?

"R" right hand moves from the palm up left hand hat is held in front of the torso, to the mouth like eating rice.

I like the rice sign better than the similar one I was taught. I will use it. The rice sign I knew was left hand "bowl" right hand was index and thumb very close "eat" as if eating very small grains from bowl. Yours is better.

seems there are some differances in signs. is this a geographical thing? like the west coast signs might be slightly different at times than the east coast signs?

Back