speech understanding problem

mayuri

Reaction score
i want to share a problem of mine with you all n want ur views.i dont know why it happen i understand more speech of people of younger people as compare to old.how can i practice or train my brain to understand speech of different people with different pitch or voice.how can i make best use of hear aids to understand more n more.

Posted from Alldeaf.com App for Android

You seem to have a lot of trouble hearing even tho you have a mild loss. Have you had your hearing re tested?

Again it sounds like you need better hearing aids.

ya..i have them re tested time to time.audi said u took the decision to use ha after 7 years of your loss due to which u have develop all these problems.ha are good ones.i have started practicing at home with my family members n i am improving.i need therapies idea or activity that i cn implement to gain more benefit.

Can you post your audiogram (or the frequencies and corresponding dbs)?

It really sounds like either there's a misunderstanding about what "mild" hearing loss is, or you have something additional going on like an APD.

What was the model of your HAs again?

You seem to have a lot of trouble hearing even tho you have a mild loss. Have you had your hearing re tested?

Again it sounds like you need better hearing aids.

I'm wondering if she may need BTEs vs. those dinky very low power aids....I think the OP said she is wearing one of those CICs.....those don't really give a lot of power.

I'm wondering if she may need BTEs vs. those dinky very low power aids....I think the OP said she is wearing one of those CICs.....those don't really give a lot of power.

She is wearing those CIC aids which wear her main problem lies but she doesn't want anyone to know she wears them so won't have BTE aids so isn't really helping herself.

i am improving but i need to know more strategy to help me.recently i started practicing to listen my mom without seeing her face..at starting it was very hard to understand what she is speaking but after 15 days practice i can understand better than ever what she is speaking without looking at her.i consulted one of the top audi of india,he advised me to practice n re train ur brain to listen without eyes what is being said n all.bte hear aids will only amplify loud sound but here problem is i dont understand everthing word from back but from front i do.are not there any vitamins medicince which make ear nerves more strong,thinking to consult about it from my family doctor.i am very thankful to each n everyone for replying.

i am improving but i need to know more strategy to help me.recently i started practicing to listen my mom without seeing her face..at starting it was very hard to understand what she is speaking but after 15 days practice i can understand better than ever what she is speaking without looking at her.i consulted one of the top audi of india,he advised me to practice n re train ur brain to listen without eyes what is being said n all.bte hear aids will only amplify loud sound but here problem is i dont understand everthing word from back but from front i do.are not there any vitamins medicince which make ear nerves more strong,thinking to consult about it from my family doctor.i am very thankful to each n everyone for replying.

Try books on tape or CD. Just after my hearing declined sharply from moderate to severe/profound, I had to take several long car trips and since music sounded "wrong" to me I listened to Harry Potter on CD. That really helped me get used to listening again.

i will try this but why hearing loss goes down with time?dont it remain stable?i got my audiogram 8 years back though i started using ha a year back n in betwen these 8 years my audio are almost same.i am worried about my future..wont it b a further heredity prb?

i will try this but why hearing loss goes down with time?dont it remain stable?i got my audiogram 8 years back though i started using ha a year back n in betwen these 8 years my audio are almost same.i am worried about my future..wont it b a further heredity prb?

Hearing can remain stable for some but you have such trouble hearing even tho your loss is only mild so yours could of got worse or maybe as Anij says you have a mild loss PLUS APD as well or something else as well.

than what should i do?

Get your hearing retested.

Get better hearing aids that can fulfil your needs coz even if your hearing hasn't changed, your hearing aids that you have now are not fulfilling your needs.

And see if you have anything additional to your mild loss like APD. Not sure now they test for it tho.

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Bold )

APD is typically determined by seeing an Audiologist who specializes in communication disorders.

It's not accurately testable by ABR, BAER etc so don't bother with that.

well at present me doing practice to listen more n more.let me see whether it will help me or not

Back