Space Shuttle finally launching today

Doh!

Launch Scrubbed
Today's launch of Space Shuttle Discovery has been postponed for 24 hours because of weather. The new launch time will be at 2:26 p.m. Sunday afternoon.

Oh well, tune in again tomorrow.....

A Bunch Of Chickenshits wont launch it just because of Storms..LOOK THE AIRLINE PILOTS TAKE OFF IN STORMS And Theyre not whimps!

Buckdodgers said:
A Bunch Of Chickenshits wont launch it just because of Storms..LOOK THE AIRLINE PILOTS TAKE OFF IN STORMS And Theyre not whimps!

Don't be idiot! the external tank is full of gas.. go up thru storm and getting strike by lighting isn't good. you want another tragedy? as for airline pilots different story..

right.. going up is very delicate.. its not same as the airplane.. very different.. so i undy why they would want to wait till right time and no storms etc.. then they can lift off to a perfect clear sky.. :)

guess i will miss the blast off tmw cuz going swimming again.. oh well ! :(

ha.. :)

Boult said:
Don't be idiot! the external tank is full of gas.. go up thru storm and getting strike by lighting isn't good. you want another tragedy? as for airline pilots different story..
No i dont wanna see another tragedy.But Sitting on the pad is costing the US Taxpayers $500,000 a Day ever wonder why our national Debt keeps on climbing.WHO PAYS FOR IT? YOU DO!!!!

Buckdodgers said:
:roll: You need to get yourself educated.

ButterflyGirl said:
:roll: You need to get yourself educated.
Ever wonder why the WORLD is laughing at us? Cause We couldnt get the Election straght in 2000.And Our National Debt keeps on Climbimg,,And We still havent got Osama Bin Laden.

Buckdodgers said:
No i dont wanna see another tragedy.But Sitting on the pad is costing the US Taxpayers $500,000 a Day ever wonder why our national Debt keeps on climbing.WHO PAYS FOR IT? YOU DO!!!!

Yeah but we don't want the storm pushing the shuttle off course or go into tailspins eh.. We have to factor in everything to make sure it goes up smoothly...

but I am concerned about this launch because there were some internal squabblings...

do you follow this site?
http://www.nasawatch.com/

scroll to bottom and see "Camarda Out - Altemus In as JSC's Director of Engineering" click the "continue...." link to read more..

Buckdodgers said:

Airline pilots really shouldn't take off in storms either. Some hotdogs think that's a good idea, but planes have been hit with lightning or hail, or have taken on too much ice, and if it damages the wrong systems or weighs you down to where you don't have enough lift as the case may be, you (and your passengers) can be in big trouble.

Sorry, but I agree.... Buckdodgers, you need to get yourself educated.... The world isn't laughing at us (not anymore anyways, but they were when Clinton was president). As for taxpayers money, NASA gets probly the least money from the government of any organization, including those programs to study cow farts.

In regards to our brave astronauts, I'm glad NASA decided to hold off another day to give the proper conditions needed for a safe shuttle liftoff. If you say it costs taxpayers $500k a day for the shuttle being on launchpad, then you're saying it's not worth that $500k for the lives of those brave astronauts to try and get us back to work at reaching into space so our civilization isn't doomed to die on this planet within a couple months of any given moment?

If an asteroid as small as a mile across is found to be heading towards this planet, there is currently nothing we can do to stop it from wiping us out. Odds are that we'd have at most a month or two to prepare for it, and we have no firm plan of action to avoid destruction. I say NASA needs more money and people like you need to wake up.

I pray the launch goes as planned tomorrow to start getting us back on track to our studies of space, and hope our space program can get the funding it needs to bring our species to colonizing somewhere else besides besides earth, because right now we are doomed as a race.

We could do something about the asteroid hitting the Planet if the World would pitch in and give 10% to NASA to invest asteroid defense system.Like 10 Nukes impact on an asteroid about 5 miles within asteroid to push it back a differant direction.

Buckdodgers said:
We could do something about the asteroid hitting the Planet if the World would pitch in and give 10% to NASA to invest asteroid defense system.Like 10 Nukes impact on an asteroid about 5 miles within asteroid to push it back a differant direction.

To a 1/2 mile asteroid that would be like fleas jumping on an elephant.

They need to move to Arizona for launching rockets because the weather in Arizona's weather is sunny many more times than in Florida.

Buckdodgers said:
That won't work.. that have been debated into death in scientific community...

Although they are working on something beside nukes..

Buckdodgers said:

Ok, now taking what you just said, does this mean they should go? Jeezzz, glad your'e not the Launch Commander, lol.

sequoias said:
They need to move to Arizona for launching rockets because the weather in Arizona's weather is sunny many more times than in Florida.

Why not move NASA to Austin Texas? It hasnt been Raining in Texas for a long time.

neecy said:
To a 1/2 mile asteroid that would be like fleas jumping on an elephant.

Thermonuclear bombs today can be pretty powerful. The issue would probably be more about the asteroid's insane velocity. You'd need a hell of a lot of energy to get it to divert course enough to miss Earth; this is especially true the closer the asteroid is to Earth.

The biggest problem is that we don't know about most of the asteroids out there. We've only plotted a few, so by the time we found out one of them was headed for collision for Earth it'd be nigh too late.

Back