SorensonVRS Build Six Additional Call Center

NightwarriorJin

Reaction score
http://www.sorensonvrs.com/company/press_release_full.php?pr_id=52

Wow... unbelievable... What do you think?
Here's the listing of call centers:

Locations:
* Phoenix, Arizona
* Burbank, California
* Pleasanton, California
* Sacramento, California
* San Diego, California
* Colorado Springs, Colorado
* Hartford, Connecticut
* Washington, D.C. (In partnership with Gallaudet Interpreting Service.)
* Tampa, Florida
* Atlanta, Georgia
* Chicago, Illinois
* Indianapolis, Indiana
* Baton Rouge, Louisiana
* Boston, Massachusetts
* Kansas City, Kansas
* Ann Arbor, Michigan
* Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota
* St. Louis, Missouri
* Albuquerque, New Mexico
* Manhattan, New York
* Charlotte, North Carolina
* Columbus, Ohio
* Portland, Oregon
* Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
* Pittsburg, Pennsylvania
* Austin, Texas
* Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas
* Houston, Texas
* Salt Lake City, Utah
* Seattle, Washington
* Milwaukee, Wisconsin

I am happy for them but at same time, I am concern of how it will limit other VRS availablity to expand as Sorenson already took almost all urban cities. What do you think?

EDIT: Another question, do you prefer to have "your" interpreter to be available for live interpreter (ex. doctor visit, school (high school and college), things like that, or available for your VRS phone call? I wanna know your opinion on this.

Me being from Colorado and curious, where did you hear Colorado Springs was/is having a Call Center? I read the Press Release and it doesn't mention Colorado Springs.

whilist i like the idea for them to be our relay user not our interpeter so to speak i still perfer my live interpeter not the VRS as there are some issues that really irks me to feel uncomfortable and even tho we can rely on the viedo there may be some days we might experince a shut out like a downtime but i still refuse to go thru this as thier too * impersonal* for me. i perfer live and hands on for communication purposes and knowing they can make sure we're all clear on the same page. i know i said it somewhere else in this forum. but its just not for me. live is better cuz if theres criticism going on and they don't have time so to (sign) after the job is pau ( finished) they just * click* go to the next client at the seat of thier pants so to speak. so wheres the feed back and communication?

Back