Sorenson's wonderful tech support

dkf747

Reaction score
My VP-200 went bad. The video gives me a double image with static lines all over the screen. When test calling it freezes up. I emailed tech support, which responded promptly. I sent a pic of the screen. They responded that a trainer would contact me within 2 weeks to look at it. This means up to 2 weeks or more without a VP. Thank God I had a trusty old DVC-1000 i2eye stashed away. I'm glad I can wait for them to fix it, but I imagine there are many who really need their VP. and what about 911 service? Be warned, that it takes a long time to get service with Sarenson.

My VP-200 went bad. The video gives me a double image with static lines all over the screen. When test calling it freezes up. I emailed tech support, which responded promptly. I sent a pic of the screen. They responded that a trainer would contact me within 2 weeks to look at it. This means up to 2 weeks or more without a VP. Thank God I had a trusty old DVC-1000 i2eye stashed away. I'm glad I can wait for them to fix it, but I imagine there are many who really need their VP. and what about 911 service? Be warned, that it takes a long time to get service with Sarenson.

Hi there,

My VRS techie told me, the Dlink DI-604 routers very old for now, I have a brand newer Dlink EBR-2310 router be warned the old router can lead damage to VP200's. I recommend to get EBR-2310 router it's strong and faster.

If you want to use 911 thru SVRS, easy use contact list..

Sorenson VRS
* Call Minneapolis 911 (Minnesota) 911
blah blah in the contactlist.. (612) xxx-xxxx
blah blah in the contactlist.. (952) xxx-xxxx

when I click the "* Call Minneapolis 911 (Minnesota)" then the SVRS interpreter will see a request call display "* Call Minneapolis 911 (Minnesota)" the interado center will quickly transfer to Minneapolis 911 center and I gave my home address to the dispatcher.

to add the contact list, type * your cityname 911 (your statename) then nbr in box is 911 and save to your contact list.

My D-Link router is a WBR-1310 but I don't see how it can damage the VP-200.

Update: Trainer contacted me and said would get replacement this week.

I don't think it has do with the setting or the name on contact list.

It has do with address and their software can detect where I am from. It is important that we do update of our home address such as state. If I am another state like TX and then my VP area code is NY. If I call 911 and then they would assumed that 911 go to NY not the TX.

Same thing with e911 or IPoV has that kind policy and understand the risk without their responsible to remind for home address.

All you do is dial 911, that's it. We can't see the name in your contact list anyway, just the number you call. Do NOT worry about dialing a local number, it will slow things down. Just call 911, give the terp your address, and they will take care of the rest of it. This is only for Sorenson, I don't know about others.

Hi there,

My VRS techie told me, the Dlink DI-604 routers very old for now, I have a brand newer Dlink EBR-2310 router be warned the old router can lead damage to VP200's. I recommend to get EBR-2310 router it's strong and faster.

If you want to use 911 thru SVRS, easy use contact list..

Sorenson VRS
* Call Minneapolis 911 (Minnesota) 911
blah blah in the contactlist.. (612) xxx-xxxx
blah blah in the contactlist.. (952) xxx-xxxx

when I click the "* Call Minneapolis 911 (Minnesota)" then the SVRS interpreter will see a request call display "* Call Minneapolis 911 (Minnesota)" the interado center will quickly transfer to Minneapolis 911 center and I gave my home address to the dispatcher.

to add the contact list, type * your cityname 911 (your statename) then nbr in box is 911 and save to your contact list.

Would you please post the picture of Dlink EBR-2310 router here what it look like ?

I never heard of it, I have a friend work at Sorenson and ask about EBR-2310 router.

Thx,

Dg

Update: Got my replacement vp-200 last week. They're tech support was actually pretty good. It was just the 2 week wait that bothered me.

Hi there,

Ummph that's odd!? My friend still have old Dlink router and didn't damage his VP200. How can it be possible? I have Belkin Wireless N Router and still have old VP100 in use. VP tech are going to replace my VP100 for 200 soon. I'm still on waiting list for VP200 replacment tho.

My friend have new Belkin 54G MIMO wireless router and he have VP200 connected to it. It works like charm..

Catty

I have tested over 10 different brand/model including customized router hardware without any issues with my VP100/VP200 units.

Last week, I purchased D-Link DGL-4500 router and I find this router is an excellent router I ever owned except for Cisco 781W.

This router doesn't need DMZ set up for VP-200, all I have to do is set forward incoming port 1720 TCP to VP's IP.. All other ports (UCP) are automatically assigned to VP when in use.

Richard

Back