Sorenson's position on FCC

Should Sorenson videphone be allowed to other VRS providers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Let's correct the record

"That is TRUE. Jon Hodson from Sorenson approached HOVRS, MCI, Sprint and other TRS providers and they didnt think that VP100 would work, so Sorenson went ahead and set up their own call center, first center is in Salt Lake City." --qwerty123

Jon Hodson never even beta tested the VP-100 until after HOVRS approached Soreson with HOVRS's idea for VRS and gave Sorenson its business plan in confidence. Look at the HOVRS reply comments on the interoperability petition you will see Pat Nola asking Jon to test the device a week after Ron Obray met with Sorenson management. So it is untrue to suggest either (1) that Jon was pushing the VP-100 to other relay providers, or (2) that Sorenson got into the act before they co-opted the idea from HOVRS.

You need to check your facts a bit better.

ianto94 said:
"That is TRUE. Jon Hodson from Sorenson approached HOVRS, MCI, Sprint and other TRS providers and they didnt think that VP100 would work, so Sorenson went ahead and set up their own call center, first center is in Salt Lake City." --qwerty123

Jon Hodson never even beta tested the VP-100 until after HOVRS approached Soreson with HOVRS's idea for VRS and gave Sorenson its business plan in confidence. Look at the HOVRS reply comments on the interoperability petition you will see Pat Nola asking Jon to test the device a week after Ron Obray met with Sorenson management. So it is untrue to suggest either (1) that Jon was pushing the VP-100 to other relay providers, or (2) that Sorenson got into the act before they co-opted the idea from HOVRS.

You need to check your facts a bit better.

You may be correct. Youre implying that Jon Hodson, who is a long time employee of Sorenson has not beta tested the VP100 before HOVRS approached Sorenson?? Or even fiddle with VP100? Both Sorenson and HOVRS comments and reply comments may be biased, but we need to hear from Jon.

Since this is your first posting in AD, I take that you have close ties with either HOVRS or Sorenso, in terms of lawsuit.

Deaf258 said:
I'd rather stay with SorensonVRS because I heard that other VRS companies will be near obsolete at the year's end.

I'm not sure what Deaf258's been smoke'n but it must be good stuff. It's pretty easy to make a broad stroke statement like you did but where are the facts and details to back it up? I hope and doubt other VRS companies will be obsolete at year's end because competition is good for all VRS users.

qwerty123 said:
You may be correct. Youre implying that Jon Hodson, who is a long time employee of Sorenson has not beta tested the VP100 before HOVRS approached Sorenson?? Or even fiddle with VP100? Both Sorenson and HOVRS comments and reply comments may be biased, but we need to hear from Jon.

Since this is your first posting in AD, I take that you have close ties with either HOVRS or Sorenso, in terms of lawsuit.

qwerty123 - Based on your biased and blatently untrue statements in favour of Sorenson and against all other VRS providers I take it that you are on the payroll of Sorenson.

PhatMan said:
qwerty123 - Based on your biased and blatently untrue statements in favour of Sorenson and against all other VRS providers I take it that you are on the payroll of Sorenson.

let me look at my paycheck

PhatMan said:

PhatMan, you can be adamantly for a company without being on their payroll. Perhaps qwerty simply has accepted some bribes or incentives from Sorenson, but I have a strong feeling that he's not on the weekly or monthly payroll.

Dennis said:
PhatMan, you can be adamantly for a company without being on their payroll. Perhaps qwerty simply has accepted some bribes or incentives from Sorenson, but I have a strong feeling that he's not on the weekly or monthly payroll.

Dennis, Hey I agree with you 100%. It's great to be strongly in favour of something but that doesn't mean you have to bash the others. The best thing that could happen to VRS is good compitition. It helps all of us.

dvc1000 or dvc1100

by any chance any one know if theres a free dlink give away as vp-100?

if so how do i get dlink for free?

also where can i get a free light flasher for the dlink or vp-100 for free ?

im located in Hamiltion county indiana

thanks

HumorChaiDad said:
by any chance any one know if theres a free dlink give away as vp-100?

if so how do i get dlink for free?

also where can i get a free light flasher for the dlink or vp-100 for free ?

im located in Hamiltion county indiana

thanks

www.c-s-d.org
www.hipvrs.com
www.hovrs.com

All have their free videophone giveaways. Take your pick.

Light flashers? Dunno, don't think anyone gives those away.

For some reason, I always had better quality video on my D-Link DVC-1000, but that's just my opinion.

Dennis said:
For some reason, I always had better quality video on my D-Link DVC-1000, but that's just my opinion.
Not to nitpick here, but aren't the D-Link units the same thing as the Sorenson VP units? So, if they are the same, then the video quality should be the same, eh?

Eyeth said:
Not to nitpick here, but aren't the D-Link units the same thing as the Sorenson VP units? So, if they are the same, then the video quality should be the same, eh?

I thought so too, until I got my D-Link and found out my VP-100 was terrible. The only thing I could think of was that my D-Link maybe was an "improved" model since I got it after my VP-100, but everyone tells me that every DVC-1000 is virtually identical, no real internal changes between versions, and no changes since the VP-100 came out.

So, yeah, according to what I see on the frame rates, my D-Link beats my Sorenson, on all different settings, even. Tested it so many times, days even, changed my firewall setup, my router info, etc. I want to use the whichever works best for me in my home.

Dennis said:
I thought so too, until I got my D-Link and found out my VP-100 was terrible. The only thing I could think of was that my D-Link maybe was an "improved" model since I got it after my VP-100, but everyone tells me that every DVC-1000 is virtually identical, no real internal changes between versions, and no changes since the VP-100 came out.

I am sure you know there is a big big different between two devices. Dlink VP has never been changed since Day one. Sorenson VP had 2 or 3 upgrades. Of course, it is far ahead of Dlink VP. Please allow me to tell you that there will be VP-200 coming out soon. Check http://www.sorensonvrs.com/videos and click third line on left side. I understand you love Dlink and you wish Dlink to improve the technology. Then you may have to advocate all VRS providing Dlink to spend R/D dollars to enhance Dlink VPs.

Dennis said:
So, yeah, according to what I see on the frame rates, my D-Link beats my Sorenson, on all different settings, even. Tested it so many times, days even, changed my firewall setup, my router info, etc. I want to use the whichever works best for me in my home.

Your frame rates has nothing to do with either of Dlink and Sorenson VP. This frame rates is contributed 100 percent from your setup at home or work. Maybe you are using T1 speed. That is why you have excellant FPS.

Thumbs up... :ty:

lovesorenson said:
I am sure you know there is a big big different between two devices. Dlink VP has never been changed since Day one. Sorenson VP had 2 or 3 upgrades. Of course, it is far ahead of Dlink VP.

D-Link has had several firmware upgrades, but I dunno if they had any hardware upgrades. D-Link has 4 hardware revisions, and you can purchase versions A1, A2, A3, and A4. When I emailed them to ask what the difference is, they said there's not much difference, all were the same price, and they have different amounts in stock if I wanted to buy in bulk.

Please allow me to tell you that there will be VP-200 coming out soon. Check http://www.sorensonvrs.com/videos and click third line on left side. I understand you love Dlink and you wish Dlink to improve the technology. Then you may have to advocate all VRS providing Dlink to spend R/D dollars to enhance Dlink VPs.

They have said this going on 2 years now. The word is always, "soon." Sure, it could be tomorrow, but like the Sidekick 3, people have been suckered into believing that it'll be the best thing since the wheel and sliced bread. Meanwhile, the rest of the world is using what they have quite well.

Your frame rates has nothing to do with either of Dlink and Sorenson VP. This frame rates is contributed 100 percent from your setup at home or work.

But, see, how else can you measure "quality?" If I just say, "it looks better/ clearer/ crisper/ less pixelation/ less grainy/ faster response from other person/ less lag/ more color/ more brightness/ more real" you would ask me how can I tell? Am I biased? Am I against or for that company that gave me that free VP, while the "other" company just sucks so I make myself think they look worse?

Whereas when I see different numbers on my screen telling me my Sorenson VP gets 14 FPS (to everyone, VRS and one on one) while my D-Link gets 25FPS on the same connections, same settings, same IP address, same DMZ settings, same speed numbers, then I wonder if the numbers tell the true story.

Dennis said:
Whereas when I see different numbers on my screen telling me my Sorenson VP gets 14 FPS (to everyone, VRS and one on one) while my D-Link gets 25FPS on the same connections, same settings, same IP address, same DMZ settings, same speed numbers, then I wonder if the numbers tell the true story.

:dunno: ... Hard to believe this...

I have access to a digital camera. Would that help proving things? PM me and I'll take the pictures and send them your way.

lovesorenson said:
:dunno: ... Hard to believe this...

me agree too. Take two dlink vp and hook up to your router and have one vp calls the other vp via private ip address. Then do the same with two Sorenson vp. Compare the results.

dlink vp is consider inferior to sorenson vp.

Back