Sorenson's closing for good.

:) I'm always sarcastic. The name Robo-Terp isnt the most attractive in my book though :)

I can see you're a good person. Glad you could take some riff raff.

Oh, and I'm Canadian. Surprised? :shock: So you can tell your FCC that we are more than qualified to interpret for Deaf Americans...shameless plug regarding FCC docket 03-123. :ty: Assuming you're american, that is. And if you are, source it. LOL

As for my name, it's me poking fun at the Conduit Model interpreters evolved from. "I am not here...I am neutral...what you say, I will sign...what you sign, I will say...*short circuiting*"

Oh, and I'm Canadian. Surprised? :shock: So you can tell your FCC that we are more than qualified to interpret for Deaf Americans...shameless plug regarding FCC docket 03-123. :ty: Assuming you're american, that is. And if you are, source it. LOL

As for my name, it's me poking fun at the Conduit Model interpreters evolved from. "I am not here...I am neutral...what you say, I will sign...what you sign, I will say...*short circuiting*"

Nice. Dang Canadians - Never know where they're gonna be at times.

Glad to meet ya here, Hope you stick around. :)

I guess my bf and I are going to apply for Zvrs. Is it free? Nevermind, I'll ask my brother. He just started working for Z. By the way, our VP-200 Sorenson hasn't been used for about 2 years. It's all in dust now.

Contact Sorenson at support@sorenson.com and they will be happy to setup an appointment for local friendly trainer to come to re-hook your VP.

Nice. Dang Canadians - Never know where they're gonna be at times.

Glad to meet ya here, Hope you stick around. :)

Don't mind if I do. Thanks PFH.

You've reminded me of something. I think I'll add a caption under my name, just so there aren't any misunderstandings as to the quality of service I provide. :hmm::ty:

My 2-cents.....I emailed Sorenson weeks ago...never heard from them....then a friend gave me their number....called them....they said they would be in contact, via email, in 2 weeks to send a tech out to re-install my VP200....Still waiting......

And the guy who first installed my VP was deaf....and he kept asking me for "gas money" since I was having so many problems with it!....I gave him $5 one time, and $3 another time....to find out the guy was eventually FIRED!...

My VP200 was constantly "freezing up" and had all the colors of the rainbow!...2 different techs came out, both blamed it on Comcast...called Comcast...they blamed it on Sorenson.....so I disconnected the damn thing!...Haven't used it in a year!....Now I've moved and want to "try again"! I miss talking with my deaf friends from out of state....Sorenson at first wanted me to try to re-install it by myself....I told them NO!...They need to come out and find out what the heck is wrong with it!...Give me another VP! (I hope!)...Otherwise, I've still got my old, trusty TDD....

My 2-cents.....I emailed Sorenson weeks ago...never heard from them....then a friend gave me their number....called them....they said they would be in contact, via email, in 2 weeks to send a tech out to re-install my VP200....Still waiting......

And the guy who first installed my VP was deaf....and he kept asking me for "gas money" since I was having so many problems with it!....I gave him $5 one time, and $3 another time....to find out the guy was eventually FIRED!...

My VP200 was constantly "freezing up" and had all the colors of the rainbow!...2 different techs came out, both blamed it on Comcast...called Comcast...they blamed it on Sorenson.....so I disconnected the damn thing!...Haven't used it in a year!....Now I've moved and want to "try again"! I miss talking with my deaf friends from out of state....Sorenson at first wanted me to try to re-install it by myself....I told them NO!...They need to come out and find out what the heck is wrong with it!...Give me another VP! (I hope!)...Otherwise, I've still got my old, trusty TDD....

Purple P3

Sorenson employees cannot ask for handouts from customers. you need to report this even though he was fired.

Sorenson employees cannot ask for handouts from customers. you need to report this even though he was fired.

He was reported....that guy had been doing this for quite awhile. Lucrative little business he had....he left the state, along with his family when he got fired, And his wife was a good friend of mine! She knew nothing of what he was doing...(or so she said!)....

Mmmm.. interesting.. even after he was fired?
I had several customers trying to give me money and I explained that I cannot accept anything and it's against the policy. Two different customers told me that a few years ago a trainer (the same trainer in 2 different houses) had accepted the money. I was appalled and could not believe when they told me who it was. That is a BIG :nono:!! I told them not to offer money ever again.. also suggested them to inform their friends about this policy.:deal:

Mmmm.. interesting.. even after he was fired?
I had several customers trying to give me money and I explained that I cannot accept anything and it's against the policy. Two different customers told me that a few years ago a trainer (the same trainer in 2 different houses) had accepted the money. I was appalled and could not believe when they told me who it was. That is a BIG :nono:!! I told them not to offer money ever again.. also suggested them to inform their friends about this policy.:deal:

You never know if a former employee needs references and at the time he left, it might be for one reason. Later on there could be other issues that hadn't surfaced and can affect his future hiring at another company. This is nothingg new, its the same no matter what company you worked for, from family to private sectors to public to government jobs.

You never know if a former employee needs references and at the time he left, it might be for one reason. Later on there could be other issues that hadn't surfaced and can affect his future hiring at another company. This is nothingg new, its the same no matter what company you worked for, from family to private sectors to public to government jobs.

I surely do hope that that person reads this message knows who I am talking about to come clean with himself and will accept the consequence from Sorenson. I don't know how he could sleep well at night knowing what he did was WRONG... He did not practice what he preached... Shame on him...

I surely do hope that that person reads this message knows who I am talking about to come clean with himself and will accept the consequence from Sorenson. I don't know how he could sleep well at night knowing what he did was WRONG... He did not practice what he preached... Shame on him...

:hmm: Since I posted it, this certain person has stopped posting.. Ummm.. interesting...

I give my thanks to companies who contribute to the deaf community. Sorenson's hardly one of them. After messing up 400+ interpreter jobs, think about the aftermath? Where are they going to go? What are they going to do?

I consider interpreters a big part of the deaf community.

It was a layoff of approximately 300, some interpreters (at the centers that were closed) some not. What will they do? Go back to interpreting in the community, and in schools. Non-interpreters will have a harder time in this economy.
And Sorenson contributes more to the deaf community than any other company because it has (had) the profits to do that. (Check in your local community, the local deaf school or non-profit deaf services agency.) That will also change since FCC said they made too much profit.

Better change providers and quick.

It's amazing, though. Looking two-three months ago, they were the strong hold, the richest, the biggest... Today they have shown that they are very fragile on the inside.

come on out of your cave why get the notation soresnon going out of business?

nothing fragile

Back