Sorenson VP 200

I had my VP200 resetted and the setting was messed up. I had hard time getting it to work until third attempt. I was trying to change my phone number which I wasn't able to without getting to the Installer's login screen.

Password is typically your 7 or 10 digits VP phone #. Try both.. If you can't figure out password, you may be shit out luck and I have heard that Sorenson wont reset password and force you to create new phone #.

I may think that it has to do with your error password. You need to contact the company for a verification. I struggled mine many times, and then I was told that my password was incorrect. Now, it worked fine since then. You may be surprised how small it can be incorrect so easily.
Password is typically your 7 or 10 digits VP phone #. Try both.. If you can't figure out password, you may be shit out luck and I have heard that Sorenson wont reset password and force you to create new phone #.
I was able to get the VP to work again by logging in my password that I gave to the installer when he was setting it up for me. When I tried to change the phone number, I kept getting to the Installer's code/password box - I don't think there is a way to get around that unless the installer is here to do that.

I was able to get the VP to work again by logging in my password that I gave to the installer when he was setting it up for me. When I tried to change the phone number, I kept getting to the Installer's code/password box - I don't think there is a way to get around that unless the installer is here to do that.

I just tested this by trying to create new numbers.. Interesting.. Thats really sucks if I want to change #.

I just tested this by trying to create new numbers.. Interesting.. Thats really sucks if I want to change #.
Yeah Richard it sucks. I wonder how "rhr" and maybe "Phillips" were able to change their numbers.

You are probably right. LOL.

One possible workaround.. if you still have that old VP-100 lying around.. You could program it with new number then "transfer" that # to new VP200.. Too bad, installer took it. I believe that transfer password would be MAC address of that VP100.

One possible workaround.. if you still have that old VP-100 lying around.. You could program it with new number then "transfer" that # to new VP200.. Too bad, installer took it. I believe that transfer password would be MAC address of that VP100.
Aw. I did sign up for VP100 when it first came out, but they didn't have any one in my area at that time. They asked if I knew how to set it up myself, I didn't respond back which I should have done. I am getting a new PC soon, I will try to see if I can the number changed.

What brand do you have a router for your computer and the VP? i.e. D-Link?

It does not make a sense unless you talked a VP tech support to solve your problem. It sounds that you have two VP100 and VP200. I don't think that could be a problem.

I was told that a few routers do not compatible with the VP.

What brand do you have a router for your computer and the VP? i.e. D-Link?

It does not make a sense unless you talked a VP tech support to solve your problem. It sounds that you have two VP100 and VP200. I don't think that could be a problem.

I was told that a few routers do not compatible with the VP.
If this is for me. I have never gotten VP100 only the VP200 one. I have the Sorenson VRS Router that Sorenson provided.

If this is for me. I have never gotten VP100 only the VP200 one. I have the Sorenson VRS Router that Sorenson provided.

That's good. This mean that you have a D-Link router. Please contact the VP tech support by email to request for a new username and a new password so that you wouldn't want to mess it up next time. That will save your time and your energy.

Sorenson website: Sorenson VRS

Tech Support: Sorenson VRS

Hi I have the sorenson VP 200 with DSL and a dlink wbr 2310 wireless router I had it working fine but had a power outage and now the settings are messed up Sorenson dose not have step by step instructions on how to configure the settings .....Dose anyone have the step by step settings and configuration for the VP 200 and what the router settings should be Thanks
Paul:pissed:

I have my DLink WBR 2310 router. I had problem with it in some time. If power outage, you must unplug power in all of vp, router and cable or dsl modem. And wait for few minutes. Plug in all of it. Make sure to check correct correct DMZ ip address at 192.168.0.125. If black screen appears, disable it and save then enable it again and save.

Back