Sorenson VP 200 and Viable Vision

jnaert08

Reaction score
Hi. I am Hearing and I use VV to communicate with several Deaf friends, all using Sorenson. However, I don't think they have the new VP 200. Now, I am trying to connect with one of my friends who has the 200 and we can't seem to get it to work. I know he has to give me his Public IP address but can you give me step by step how to do this so that I can tell him? Thanks.

I have VV and VPAD as well, you need to use the public IP address in the white box on the left side of the Vision -- could you explain why it doesn't even work if you used the IP address via Viable Vision? It is impossible to bring up an error unless someone's using the VP while you attempted to call?

And this reminds me, if your friend have VP - 100 - I believe that would cause problems.

Make sure your friend's public IP address is up to date.... public IP address tend to change without a moment's notice so make sure his IP is current.

Yes, dynamic IP addresses changes all teh time, need to check with the receipent to double check the IP address, but best to have static IP though

jnaert08, which one do you have cable modem or dsl modem?

Back